What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi

S

SassySalsa

My name is Deb and I love to cook, go to craft fairs and take walks by the ocean. I love animals and we have dogs, cats and fish in our pond by our waterfall. I like to try and make new recipes and especially like to bake.

Hi Sassy Salsa,
Cool. What kind on pond do you have? I have this small pond with Koi and water lilies and mosquitoes along with other water bugs.

Welcome Sassy Salsa you sound like my kind of person - I also like the ocean and love animals. We have 2 dogs (1 beagle and 1 finish spitz) and 2 cats that adopted us (they just showed up one day). If you love to cook there must be hundreds of recipes in this cooking forum for you to try your hand at. Let us know what recipes you make and how they turned out for you.

We have 1 Koi fish..but..it is going to get too big. Will try and explain it..we have a waterfall and where the water goes down is a pond. We have one Koi fish..but..it is going to get too big for the pond so when that happens, we are going to give it to some friends who want koi fish for their big pond. We also have gold fish and other kinds..not sure what the other kind are called and mosquito fish to get the mosquitos. All together we probably have 15.

We got one of our dogs at the pound. I wanted a small dog and we found a cute one..then this small dog turned into a big dog..laughing..and he thinks he owns me. I love him so much though so it is ok he got big. Then a dog came up to my husband when he was outside and he told me to come outside. I couldn't at the time because I was cooking, but, then went out and he said you missed it...and I said what..and he said there was a small dog but he left. My husband went inside and I stayed outside and there came the small dog..he is a pomeranium..not sure if I spelled it right..and we kept him. He had no tags on him at all.

My husband went to take the trash out and there was one kitten by the trash can. He came in with it and we checked to see how the dogs and the cat would get along and they got along so we kept the cat. One day I went to get the mail outside and found a cat and it was starving so I fed it and we kept it. It got along with the dogs too. My husband would find some cats by his workplace and he brought them home too and well...it goes on and on. We couldn't just let them die.

I will post recipes when I can. I love to try new recipes and there are so many good sounding recipes on here that I want to make. I hope you all have a good night. Thanks for the lovely welcome.

Edited to say that we have flowers in it too..but..they haven't grown into flowers yet..hope they do

Last edited:
We have 1 Koi fish..but..it is going to get too big. Will try and explain it..we have a waterfall and where the water goes down is a pond. We have one Koi fish..but..it is going to get too big for the pond so when that happens, we are going to give it to some friends who want koi fish for their big pond. We also have gold fish and other kinds..not sure what the other kind are called and mosquito fish to get the mosquitos. All together we probably have 15.

We had a small pond about 20 years ago. It was about 4' x 8' and had a small "waterfall". The size was too small because critters would attack the fish and there was no where to hide.

So we live elsewhere now and have a pond about 12' x 16', it was safe from the critters and then a neighbors Labrador Retrievers found it, so we had to fence it in. We learnt a lot from our first setup and did well. The only thing we should have done with this one was we should have put in a bottom drain.

You're a nice person to adopt from the animal shelter. That's the only way to get a pet in my opinion. We have two adoptees right now.

Hi Deb - thanks for sharing with us how all your cats and dogs joined your family. You have a very generous heart to take them all in and give them the love they so desperately want.

Our beagle was rescued from the animal shelter at the ocean we go to. Our finish spitz was rescued from a person in Boston. About 10 years ago the day before Thanksgiving I drove to Boston and back to rescue her. They both are so wonderful and loving. Unfortunately our dogs and cats need to be kept separately for everyone to get along. My husband and I love having all of them around.

Look forward to sharing recipes and cooking tips with you.

Back