What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

harry Potter anyone??

M

mansibshah

Anything not related to cooking??? hahahaa...that's what got me here; I love cooking, but this title got me intrigued...so I discuss the next best thing...How many of you think Harry Potter met your expectations?? was it too hyped??

-Mansi

Waiting for the DVD ... I like Harry Potter movies and know it will be a while until it's out. Let alone on DVD.

ditto here - waiting for rthte DVD and I am thinking of getting the complete set of 7 books to read - can't hurt anything - and I am curious to see how different the books are from the movies

Oh, I think the books are always better than the movies. The producers of the movie is always having to cut lots of things out to fit the standard 2 hour time limit in the movie. The only exception I can think of is The Lord of the Rings. The producer there did an absolutely spectacular job of fitting in most of the story from the 3 books but then again was really three movies released over three years. There is not that many books that I think the public would wait such a long time to see the whole story.

The reason I prefer DVDs though, is that I just don't have the time to sit around and read a book unless of I'm laying around vacationing at the beach. But even then actually prefer reading nonfiction and learning something.

Yeah well its great to see special effects on the silver screen, while in books u r upto your imagination...which is fun too, and they r much more comprehensive..but each book is 500 pages or more:)

neways, i'm happy the 3 main characters have agred to complete the remaining movies else I wouldn't have been able to see anyother other than Dan, Rupert and Emma in them!!

-Mansi

Some people can read 3 or 4 pages a minute with full comprehension by using the peripheral vision to scan the line of text without moving their eyes. So at that rate, you could read the Harry Potter book (all 500 pages) in 125 minutes or 2 hours 5 minutes.

A friend of mine that is a librarian reads like that. It's amazing to watch.

I've never been to the movies to see any of the Harry Potter movies. I usually see them when they come on cable like the Family channel or something haha

I think harry potter is good one and meet my some of the expectations .
It is good entertaining but Sometime appears to be very hype.

Last edited:
i love harry potter but sometimes i feel like the books contain too much filler in order to catch up new readers or just to take up space.

movies

i thought it was funny how u can watch the kids go through puberty throughout the movies. it's like flipping through a yearbook! :D

Back