What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oven Fried Cbicken

Roxanne

This is very good--*See Note Below

Oven Fried Chicken

1/4 cup margarine or butter
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2-1/2 to 3 lbs. broiler-fryer chicken, cut up

I made 8 chicken legs and I used 1/2 cup margarine.

Preheat the oven to 425. Heat margarine in rectangular pan, 13x9x2 inches-I used a cake pan-until melted. Mix flour, salt, paprika and pepper. Coat chicken with this mixture. Place chicken skin side down in pan. Bake, uncovered for 30 minutes. Turn chicken; bake until thickest pieces are done, about 30 minutes longer. I baked it a little longer.

Note: Depending on how much chicken you are baking, use more or less butter and flour.

Garlic Mashed Potatoes

I made this last night and it was very good.

Peel and boil russet potatoes..I am guessing that I used 8 potatoes. Use more or less potatoes, butter and garlic according to how much you need to feed your household. Mince 1 large garlic clove in a food processor. I used 3 cloves. When the potatoes are almost done, melt 3 tablespoons butter in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat; add garlic and saute until tender. I am guessing that I cooked this mixture for about 10 minutes. Using your mixer, mash the potatoes with milk. I like to use whipping cream if I have it on hand. Add the garlic and butter mixture and mix on low.

Back