What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Online Income Opportunities?

T

tinker

I know there are countless ways to earn on the internet, but on the same token, there are also plenty of scams. Does anybody know of a legit, scam-free program? :confused: I'm looking to extend my income. :)

A lot of that really depends on what type of program or business or job you are looking for.

A good way to determine what you could be good at is look at what your interests, talents, abilities and experience lends itself to.

There are lots of different options online to make money, but as you said, there are plenty of scams. So stick with your gut. If something looks fishy, it probably is.

If you can write well there are a lot of people looking for content writers. You can do a google for content writers and find a lot of places to start looking.

A lot of people try making money on ebay. There are a couple angles there. One is to find items listed in the wrong category, buy it cheap, and then relist it yourself in the right place. The other is to find a niche and resell. There's a good market in used business equipment and not just computers. Scaffold, nailers, copy machines, toner, etc. The business people won't care about paying for UPS where the individuals expect to pay $2.00 for something, and have it include the $8.95 in cartage fees.

Alice, your suggestion regarding buying items in the wrong category interests me. Never heard of that before. I might look into that. :)

ebay items in wrong categoty.

tinker said:
Alice, your suggestion regarding buying items in the wrong category interests me. Never heard of that before. I might look into that. :)

Yeah, it's a big deal because people don't take the time to find where items belong. Probably part due to the learning curve of new sellers and the extremely large number of categories available on ebay. Combining the two causes lots of items in the wrong place. I hear there are people that make their living doing this.

I hear there are people that make their living doing this.

Really? I hope I can too. :D

I've already tried looking around, learning how to go about it. But I'm not too sure if I'll make any good profit, being an Ebay non-expert myself. I'll let you know how it goes. :)

Check out the eBay message boards. There are often threads on items that are very popular (and get good prices) on eBay that you can find at the thrift store or Goodwill store. I have a friend who is a SAHM and she makes a ton of money selling stuff on eBay that she buys at Goodwill.

You just have to find a niche, as someone said. That's the thing about this, to really make money at it, you have to put some time and effort into your research and into buying your stock.

I tried it for a short while, but didn't have the patience to really get it going.

I sell on ebay sometimes but I havent made a lot of money. I am still trying to find something good to sell. Thanks for that tip r8rpwr, I will start looking at the good will. I have heard of people making 3 figure incomes just by selling on ebay.

One thing I used to do from home was moderate forums. These jobs are as "rare as hen's teeth" and these days, if one comes up, they don't pay what they used to. I really enjoyed it and was able to spend more time with my kids when they needed me around most.

You can try this site: www.whydowork.com. Go to their forum area and you can find lots of legit websites that are looking for homebased job opportunities

Yeah, it's a big deal because people don't take the time to find where items belong. Probably part due to the learning curve of new sellers and the extremely large number of categories available on ebay. Combining the two causes lots of items in the wrong place. I hear there are people that make their living doing this.

Hey Geag Graves I wonder how can we buy items which are in wrong category for low price? Can you explain a bit please?

Back