What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cucumbers and Cream

O

oldbay

Since I love cucumbers and onions ... you can omit the salt if you like (I do).

2 medium cucumbers
1 medium onion
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons vinegar
1/4 teaspoon sugar

Slice cucumbers very thin. Slice onion into very thin rings. Please cucumbers and onion rings into a bowl. Add salt and allowed to stand for 10 minutes. Drain. Mix remaining ingredients and add the cucumbers and onions. Refrigerate for several hours before serving.

I LOVE cucumbers with sour cream! Chopped fresh dill is good in there too!

Mama has a 4 ingredient cucumber salad that I have made 4 times so far. Its basically cucumber, garlic, sour cream and salt. It's on Shared Recipes. I have, over time, added some onion to mine and omit the salt.

Last edited:
Cathy's serving fresh salmon? I wasn't invited. :mad:

Aw-w-w-w JP I just didn't know you love Salmon so!!!LOL I would've put more on if I knew ya loved it so much;)
I used honey, dry mustard, lemon and soy sauce for my cooking sauce and I actually placed it into a heavy bottomed skillet that I had melted butter in and seared it briefly on both sides then I added the sauce and cooked it slowly over med-low heat until done I covered with a tight fitting lid to let it steam in the sauce and basted often. It came out so tender and delicious, very moist and tasty. My hubby loved it as did my Chef son-in-law :)

Aw-w-w-w JP I just didn't know you love Salmon so!!!LOL I would've put more on if I knew ya loved it so much;)
I used honey, dry mustard, lemon and soy sauce for my cooking sauce and I actually placed it into a heavy bottomed skillet that I had melted butter in and seared it briefly on both sides then I added the sauce and cooked it slowly over med-low heat until done I covered with a tight fitting lid to let it steam in the sauce and basted often. It came out so tender and delicious, very moist and tasty. My hubby loved it as did my Chef son-in-law :)

I have grilled so much salmon over time that it "just appeared" on my avatar. That is actually Teriyaki salmon which is also grilled.

Back