What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi from Southern Calif.

K

KittySabu

Hi I am 1 hour NE of San Diego, CA.

I love to try new recipes, collect them too. I have a large collection of cookbooks. I am looking for old world recipes and especially Croatian recipes. I like to can. I love gardens both veggie and flowers. I raise wild turkeys......... It's wonderful to find a pace where someone may know the answer to your questions. I have been trying to find a recipe for paprika chicken that uses sour cream and smoked paprika. Love Food T.V.

Big hello to everyone!!!:)

Hi, Kitty,

Welcome. I hope you'll be an active member of the group.

You must be close to my brother. He's in Escondido. As to the paprikash recipe, try this:

2-3 lbs chicken, cut in serving pieces
5 tbls olive oil (original would have used lard)
5 tbls smoked paprika
1 onion, chopped
1/2 cup red wine
1/2 cup (approx) sour cream
Dill weed

Head oil in a heavy skillet. Mix paprika into oil and let cook about a minute. Add onions and saute until they just soften. Brown the chicken pieces in the oil/paprika mix. Add the wine, cover, and let simmer over low heat, an hour or hour and a half until chicken is done.

Remove chicken from pan. Stir in sour cream to make sauce of desired consistency. Return chicken to pan. Heat through but do not let boil. Spinkle with dill just before serving.

Serve on broad noodles.

Hi Kitty!
You raise wild turkeys? Do you let them go? We have them running wild around here in Western Maryland. One year we had 3 feet of snow in one storm, so we tossed out cracked corn for them to eat. I looked out the window one morning an there was Tom all spread out and several hens. I haven't seen any in a bit, but I can see where they've been scratching.

Matt

turkeys.jpg

I dream of living in San Diego. My wife won't hear of it. On her side of the equation is how much home we can get here in Maryland compared with San Diego. On my side is the beautiful weather most of the year. I see both sides, really. And home prices are crazy there. Yes, it seems, people have homes, and jobs in paradise. How do they do it?

Back