What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gas vs. Electric

Gas vs Electric

• Gas Stovetop

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Electric Stovetop

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gas Oven

• Electric Oven

• Total voters
A

aeiou

I am curious as to whether more people prefer to cook with gas versus electric stoves as well as ovens.

I will start - I prefer to cook with gas since I find it easier and faster to adjust the temperature while cooking. I also tend to leave dishes on the stove top for a few minutes once they are done cooking..usually waiting a few minutes for roast to cool before carving it. If I do this with an electric oven I have to remember to turn it off several minutes before it is acutally finished cooking since the heat remains in the electric coils of the stove top. If I don't do that I end up with a dish that is done but the bottom is of the dish is overcooked.

I prefer gas for the stove top, but I prefer electric for the oven. I find the heating more uniform for some reason in a gas oven. I am not sure why, and it could just be I had some lousy gas ovens in my time.

As far as safety goes, well then electric all the way.

I prefer gas for both. I feel that electric stove tops are hard to adjust for temperature control (as I get older I have no patience for this) and that electric ovens seem to dry out many things.

Back