What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted: Cookbook Reviewers

K

KYHeirloomer

Do y'all like to read cookbooks? Of course you do; it's part and parcel of cooking.

If you're like me, you read cookbooks the way other people read novels. But, at an average 35-50 bucks a throw, most of us can no longer afford to own as many cookbooks as we'd like.

Now, for my friends here at Spice Place, there's a way to indulge your passion, with free cookbooks.

As some of you know that, among other things, I'm the reviews editor at ChefTalk.com. I supervise a staff of ten cookbook reviewers, and write some myself.

Since taking up the mantle, I established relationships with many more publishers than they'd ever before had. The result: We're getting covered-up with books. The obvious solution: Expand the staff.

Here's the deal: If you qualify to be a reviewer, you choose books from a list I periodically send out. We send you the book. You write a review. And you get to keep the book. A good deal for everyone.

Obviously, there's a little more to it than that. But if you're interested, let me suggest two things. First, you go over to cheftalk.com and look at some of the current and archived cookbook reviews. If you still think you're up to it, contact me at brook@cheftalk.com, and I'll fill you in with all the details. And we can take it from there.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programing.

Brook

Back