What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cranbery Conserve

K

KYHeirloomer

This is the cranberry conserve I put up every year.

I've had this recipe for more than 30 years, and have made it every one of them. Don't ask who Gerri is, cuz I haven't a clue.

Gerri's Cranberry Conserve

In a large heavy saucepan combine 1 pund raw cranberries (about 4 cups) and 1 1/2 cups water. Bring the liquid to a boil over moderately high heat and simmer the mixture for 5-8 minutes, or until the berries have popped and are tender. Stir in 3 cups sugar, 1 cup crushed pinapple, 1/2 cup sultanas, and 1 seedless oragne, pith removed and chopped fine, and simmer the mixture, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes. Stir in 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, pur the conseve into sterilized Mason-type jars, and seal the jars with the lids. Serve the conserve with turkey or chicken. Makes about 5 cups.

Notes: Because walnuts tend to turn bitter, I use pecans instead. Sultanas are golden raisins. Processing time is ten minutes in a boiling water bath for pints and half pints.

Dear KYH,
This sounds terrific! It may be that I will have to make time to can some myself! I only imagine this is good warm as well as straight from the jar.
Thank you for sharing! Cathy

Hey Brook I am making this for sure this Thanksgiving, I will let you know how we like it. I am craving some right now, too bad Thanksgiving is another week away!

Back