What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your favorite fortune from a fortune cookie

What is the best fortune you ever got from a fortune cookie?

Mine....."You are cheerful and well-liked"

Have you ever made homemade fortune cookies? Fun Idea;)

Which my boss agreed was true and so I kept it:p

So let me know yors if you care to sahre.

CCCathy

I love to make fortune cookies! And some of my "fortunes" can be really "original" - LOL.

Anytime I have gotten a fortune cookie - I have always had good ones - especially the day one told me money was coming my way and I bought a lottery ticket (persuaded by friends since my fortune was the only one pertaining to money at dinner that night) and I won $50. Can't complain on a $1 ticket.

Whenever there's a fortune cookie involved I crack it open, look at the paper, and procliam: "Help! I'm trapped in a Chinese fortune cookie factory." It's gotten to be a regular family joke.

Several years back somebody took a real flyer but packing upbeat and hip fortunes. Turns out, fortune cookie people are a conservative lot, and didn't want anything but the old, hokey standbys.

Y'all do realize, I hope, that there is nothing Chinese about fortune cookies?

:eek: WHAT'S THAT YOU SAY.... NOTHING CHINESE ABOUT A FORTUNE COOKIE? WELL I'LL BE! THEY SURE HAD ME FOOLED :eek: EVERY TIME I GET CHINESE TAKE OUT THEY HAVE THOSE COOKIES NEATLY PACKED IN THERE AND WE ALWAYS LOOK SO FORWARD TO THE GLANCE INTO OUR FUTURE; ALTHOUGH SOMETIMES IT IS REAL HOOKEY BOLOGNA! BUT I LIKE WHEN THEY ARE GOOD AND LIKE MAMA M SHARED ACTUALLY "COME TRUE"!!! WOW $50. BUCKS! I BET THEY ARE FUN TO MAKE AND IF I GOT THE CHANCE TO MAKE 'EM I'D PUT IN REALLY NEAT FORTUNES, LIKE
:cool: "TODAY YOU WILL BE DRIVING A BMW WITH A NEW FRIEND BESIDE YOU!" :cool:
NOW WOULDN'T THAT BE FUN! CCCATHY

Non-cooking question:

Why would you want a BMW when they still make Jagaurs? And Jensens?

:) Hey If It Were Free I Would Not Care What It Was! Why Heck I'd Even Settle For A Good Ole' Pick-up Truck! Then I Would Get One Of Those Bumper Stickers That Reads "Yes This Is My Truck And No I Won't Help You Move!"
;)cccathy

P.S. Then I would make a new fortune to put in a cookie......"very handsome man will ask for a ride in your truck today" But the price of gas being what it is I would have to say "sorry no gas"...LOL

Last edited:
At my daughter's engagement party we special ordered fortune cookies dipped in chocolate with this fortune., "It will be our good fortune to have you join us for on wedding 6-20-08"

They were a big hit.

Hi Howefortunate!

That was a really neat idea! I like your name! It also kind of matches the discussion on this thread!

Today's fortune:

"You will find a new Christmas Breakfast Idea on SpicePlace"

Cheers, CCCathy

Thank you for the recipe idea. I didn't connect my name to the thread...that's funny.

Back