What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

hello to everyone

T

tlbutler

I love my crockpot, I just got it for Christmas and I need some recipes, can anyone help here? thanks

There are as many crockpot recipes out there as there are crockpots. :)

Any preferences in food that you might want to try?

WELCOME TO OUR FORUM TLBUTLER!!! I KNOW YOU WILL ENJOY IT!

I LOVE MY CROCKPOT!!!!:p YOU CAN MAKE VIRTUALLY ANY RECIPE IN IT.

BY FAR MY FAVORITE IS TO DO CHICKEN THIGHS IN A HOT WING SAUCE BY LOUISIANA. THE CHICKEN HAS SUCH FLAVOR! I CAN THEN USE THE CHICKEN MEAT TO DO TORTILLA WRAPS WITH ALL THE "MEXICALI" TRIMMINGS, OR EAT IT AS IS FOR MY MEAT WITH THE REST OF THE MEAL.

I DO ALL PREP IN THE MORN AND WA-LA MY DINNER'S READY WHEN I GET HOME FROM WORK!

YOU WILL FIND THAT A ROAST PORK TENDERLOIN IS SIMPLY FABULOUS DONE IN THE CROCK-POT! I ROLL MY ROAST IN OLIVE OIL AND THEN SPRINKLE IT GENEROUSLY WITH CAVENDER'S GREEK SEASONING AND GARLIC POWDER THEN COOK ON LOW ALL DAY AND BY SUPPER TIME THE MEAT IS JUST SO TENDER AND JUICY! YOU CAN ALSO ADD CARROTS, POTATOES AND ONION WITH A LITTLE CHICKEN STOCK FOR A FULL MEAL.

THEN THERE IS HOMEMADE CHILI, STUFFED CABBAGE, BEEF POT ROAST, STEW, ON AND ON THE LIST GOES. JUST ENJOY IT AND USE IT OFTEN!:)

actually not sure just got my crockpot for christmas you can sent me some of your favorite recipes is you wish thanks for replying

one pot meal

Hi Tl,

Just an example of how versatile my crockpot is and I have a large crockpot with the removeable crock, not the small crockpot.

Today I am doing Greek Chicken Thighs, Nanny's Zuccini, and baked potatoes in mine.

Here's my recipe: First for the Thighs I use 5 large chicken thighs (cleaned)
I place about 3-4 tbsp's olive oil in the bottom of my crock pot then roll each thigh in the oil to coat, place each thigh skin side up in the bottom of the crockpot, sprinkle liberally with Cavender's Greek seasoning, dried oregano, dried parsley, garlic powder, and fresh ground pepper. I then pour the juice from 2 large lemons over the chicken, I also add a splash of the bottled key lime juice (optional).

I then cover the chicken with a large piece of aluminum foil allowing the aluminum to come up the sides of the crock, but not over the top, the lid of the crockpot must fit properly.

Next I wash, dry and slice my Zuccini squash (about 2 med.): I place 1 layer sliced zuccini in a med. size glass mixing bowl, top with diced onion and green bell pepper, cover this layer with a coating of marinara sauce, salt and pepper, I repeat layers 2 more times. I top it off with grated cheddar cheese. I place the entire bowl on top of the aluminum foil close to the edge of the crock pot; this leaves a nice gap on the other side of the bowl to place your potatoes along the other side of the crockpot wall. I use 6 Green Giant Klondike Gold Gourmet Yellow Fleshed Idaho potatoes (med. sized) washed and dried. They fit snuggly standing on ends next to the aluminum coming up the side of the crockpot. I then put the lid on and place on high for 8 hours. When you are ready to serve carefully remove the bowl of squash first, then the potatoes, and remove foil from chicken and plate the chicken.

This is just an example of how I use my crock, of course you can prepare your meals to your own tastes! But I love this chicken, I even use the pan drippings from the chicken to pour over my chicken when I am eating it!

Last edited:
Jeff,
I actually do make my Lebanese Style Stuffed Cabbage Leaves in my crockpot and they turn out great! I am definitely going to make your Golumpkis recipe in mine next time. I just love the out come of so many foods when slow cooked all day! SUCH FLAVOR!
CCCathy

Back