What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mike

M

mphillips

I'm not sure what i'm supposed to do on this page; this is my first time to log into this site. But, I do cook some things that people have been known to eat and I am always on the hunt for new recipes that sound tasty and tips for making life easy in the kitchen. So, here I am. Ready to share and take the best.

mike

Well, thank you. I am originally from Tampa and Spanish Bean Soup, Deviled Crab Rolls, Cuban Sandwiches and Flan de Leche are foods of the gods for me. Now I live in Virginia and the ingredients for some of these dishes are just not available. Cuban Bread for instance. Deviled crab rolls are made with stale cuban bread, ground into crumbs with water added to make dough again, and so forth. Well, talked too much. Thanks for the welcome.

Hi Mike,

Welcome aboard......WRONG you have not talked too much, just look at my screen name:) and you will find I do alot of talking!

But I like that you are into Cuban cusine, having grown up in Miami Florida and eating it my entire young life, I love it as much as if not better that my Cuban cousins! Have you ever had "pappas rellenos"? They are deep fried mashed potato balls with a tasty meat filling in the middle, then the ball is rolled in bread crumbs and deep fired, well they are simply fabulous! My adoptee Cuban "abuela" (grandmother) fed me such lovely foods, I shall never tire of the tastes! My favorite cracker in all the world is a Cuban cracker, have you ever had these? Flan de leche you're talking my language! Have you ever had tres leches cake? Let me know if you are interested I will share with you!

P.S. Another member here describes us as "foodies" and I think if you are a serious "foodie" you'll love this site and have fun in the progress of learning so much new stuff! Plus I am sure you will bring alot to us as well.

Hope to hear more from you, CCCathy

Last edited:
Talked too much?

Not by half, Mike. Let's hear more about your culinary interests.

And don't hesititate to join existing discussions or start new ones. I think there are a lot of folks here who love Cuban food. They just don't know it, yet. :rolleyes:

Anyway, welcome to the group.

Back