What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

grammaday

G

grammaday

Hi, I happened across this site while searching for dutch processed cocoa powder. I decided to join because quite often I have questions about ingredients or methods of cooking/baking. I have just spent most of the day and a whole lot of gas going to many stores in my area trying to find some of this illusive stuff. To make a long story short, I wound up on line looking for a site where I could purchase it; however, I have no earthly idea what site(s) or what brand(s) are worth pursuing. I am really happy to "meet" you all and am thrilled to be part of this cooking forum. If anyone has suggestions regarding my cocoa dilemma, I'm all ears.

Welcome to the forum!! You will find a lot of help here, as many of us take time out of our culinary lives to learn and teach here...

Here are some links where I found the cocoa

Amazon.com: Premium Dutch Processed Cocoa Powder, Bulk, 16 oz: Gourmet Food

Premium Dutch Processed Cocoa Powder from AmericanSpice.com - AmericanSpice.com

Giusto's - Products - Dutch Processed Cocoa Powder (22/24% Cocoa Butter)

I would say the first one is the most reputable (Amazon.com), but they are temporarily out of stock on it. There may be more brands there. The other links I have had no experience with.

Thanks so much for the reply. I'll try all of your suggested websites and check out price versus quality to see which is the best deal for me. I'm not online everyday (maybe once or twice per week), but I'll let you know what my research turns up. We're in the process of selling our home and, I think, going into a manufactured home (they're really beautiful these days), so our days our pretty much filled with all the research we've doing for that. I really can't wait to really get into and learn about this site, so I'm sure there will be many more questions forthcoming. Thanks again for your advice.

Hi Grammaday,

Welcome to our forum. Good luck with your move, it's nice once you get all settled in :). I do not know about dutch chocolate, but Jafo had sound advice.

I do understand your frustration when you can't find a product or ingredient you need, but you are right on track joining this forum as many helpful folks who love to cook and lend a helping hand if possible.

Glad to have you aboard, CCCathy

Back