What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peach Cobbler

I normally use canned peaches for my cobbler, but last night all I had on hand was a can of peach pie filling so I used it the cobbler was great so thought I'd share how I whipped it up.....

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Melt 1/2 stick butter in a 9 in. round cake pan
Mix together 3/4 cup milk, 3/4 cup self-rising flour, 2 tbsp. sugar and 1 tsp. vanilla wisk until well mixed, add 1 tsp. veggie oil and mix well then pour batter into the cake pan with melted butter. Place the peach pie filling over the top of the batter do not mix in, sprinkle top with a small amount of Sauer's cake spice. Bake in 350 degree oven for 45 min.'s. Serve warm.

Peach cobbler, huh?

I reckon you can take the girl out of Georgia, but you can't take Georgia out of the girl. :D

:D Hi KYH,

You crack me up! You have a point there though! Instead of CCC standing for Cook Chatty Cathy, it should in reality stand for "Country Cathy to the Core". :)
:eek: But honestly I believe both are fitting "titles".

I love "country cookin" & you just got to admit "them thar vittles got a whole lot goin' for 'em"! But I aint never gonna eat no chittlins:eek:

Hope you're not too cold up there in Kentucky.
Stay warm, CCCathy

Back