What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello, I'm new at this forum but also new at forums in general

K

Kobus

Hello Everyone.

My name is Kobus and it looks like a nice place to be. I'm a South African, staying currently in Kenya. For those of you that needs to pull out the world Atlas, this is in East-Africa. Beautiful Country, lots of wild life and Great weather. As a South African, we just love outdoor cooking and I have a couple of nice recipes I can share. All for now and I hope I get the hang of Forum talking.
Cheers

Hi, Kobus.

Welcome to the forum. I hope we'll be hearing more from you, particularly with insights into African cuisine.

Best way of getting a feel for the forums is to just dive right in. The topics of each forum are pretty much self-evident by their titles. And if you post in a wrong forum nobody's going to jump on you for it.

And speaking of African cuisine, I've been trying, unsuccessfully, to obtain seeds for the Calabrase---that wonderful sweet, white pumpkin you grow down there. Do you know of any sources?

Welcome Kobus!

Hello Kobus,

We welcome you joining and I just joined in NOv. my very 1st forum ever. I never even knew they existed!

You will love it and learn so much, and I am sure we will learn so much from you too!

Please do not be shy, we can't and won't bite! After all it is just an internet line connecting us :p.

Please tell us what are some dishes that are native to you? I love MiddleEastern dishes and I am sure I would love to learn some new African recipes! I know your country is beautiful. I have met a few acquaintences from South Africa and most have an English accents and all have shared what a georgeous country it is. Now I just can't wait to learn more about your cusine!

Cheers, CCCathy

Thanks for making me feel welcome and more comfortable. I will see about the seeds for the Calabrase pumpkin, must say I will have to ask my wife about the name. We have lovely recipe's and some probably come from the European influence during the 1600 and after. We are big fans of red meat and will eat it 2 or even 3 times a day. I'm from the Dutch and German side of the influx during that time frame and will be called a Boer. The Afrikaans part of the SA people. Bye for now, and will post a recipe soon.

Thanks, Kobus,

My pharmacist is also Afrikaans, and has her mother back home searching for seed as well. So, perhaps between the two of you, I'll be able to track some down and grow that small white pumpkin.

Back