What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Dove Contest!

H

hayden23

Hey Everyone!

Okay so I've been talking to some of you about the My Dove "Expressions of Love" contest and so far a lot of you dug it (Mama Mangia liked it so much that she entered it right away! :)) so I thought it'd be crazy not to share it with the rest of you. So for those of you that don't know My Dove is having a contest called "Expressions of Love" for whoever can come up with the most creative and original way to say "i love you" . The winner will recieve a gorgeous Baby's Breath Diamond necklace valued at $21,000! Sweet! If this is something that sounds like fun to you, take a closer look at WWW.MYMMS.COM definitely before it ends-- don't want to miss out on this opportunity!! Good luck guys (Mama Mangia, i'm rooting for you) !

And as if that weren't enough they also have a new line of chocolates that come in wrappers that you can customize with your own messages! It's the perfect touch to making a box of chocolates even more thoughtful!

~Hayden23
BabysBreathDiamond.jpg

Thanks for letting us know! I hope MamaM wins too!!! Can she enter more than once, say...like every day until the contest ends?

Now Mama if ya' win we of-course would have to see a photo of you wearing your "Rock" necklace :D!!!
Now I'll enter and If I win I'll give it to you, as I do not want to pay taxes on it OK :confused: Let me know;)

Which reminds me I entered to win that house HGTV is giving away that is located in the Florida Keys on one of the Islands, IT IS FABULOUS!!! I figure I could go there and live in it til the IRS came to claim it cause I could never pay the LUXURY TAXES on a 2.2 billion dollar winnings! But hey I'd have one heck of a vacation until they took it! RIGHT!!!:eek:

:eek: GOSH, that's kinda' depressing when ya' really stop & think 'bout it :mad:

CCCathy

Cathy -

You're a hoot! I would love to win one of those houses myself! But I know what you mean with taxes.

But that necklace is absolutely beautiful and of course I would love it. I've never had a diamond necklace in my life - and that one is so perfect. Maybe the good luck angels will smile on me! Who knows?

It would be nice to see someone from here win it! Good luck to all who enter!

Dear MamaM,

I really mean it I would give it to you!

Now I hope you will not think me a huge liar but this is true, last week I came in to work and there sat my boss doing a GA scratch off lottery ticket at his desk, well he made a noist like astonishment, so "nosey me" walks to his desk and leans over his shoulder while he is scratching off ticket #2 of 10 tickets total, every single one he scratched off was a winner I mean his hands were shaking and he was simply astonished, and he won $10,000. when he was done with that ticket! Now for the reality of his BIG WIN, the lotto people gave him a check for $6,400. and when he files his taxes in '08 he will have to list that $6400. as income and pay taxes on it yet once again! His total real winnings on that $10,000. win will after all is said and done will be $4,000. not too bad, but considering all that joy and then have the wind let out of your sails;.... well it's like he said a few days later "I'm trying to move on!" Now if I had to "move on" from that house in the Keys after say a 2 year working vacation, oh well! Realistically I know I'd have to work to buy food and pay utilities, but it would be interesting to say "I'm trying to move on." after living in a luxurious house for a while! Could you imagine:D

I had a young (Mexican) couple that came in the other day to do their taxes and the guy asked me what is this?, He proceeded to show me a 1099 from the GA Lottery commission on his $1,000. winnings. At this point I was done (or thought I was) and had already determined their refund amount, well I had to put that one last thing in and explain to him it is required and they must pay taxes on it (in my broken spanish hopeful he would understand) and then watch as their faces fell after their refund amount dropped. Well that kind of keeps me grounded and realistic about these lottery and contest things. I would rather win a small $50 and know I can keep the whole thing:p. Or better yet find money laying on the ground and only me, God, and those closest to me ever have to know!

I like to dream, but reality hits too close to home lately, it being tax season and all.

On a happier note, I got a new house & we are moving the end of this month and I am ecstatic, the whole house, yard & all is great, but the kitchen it is the BEST! I am so happy to have found it, it is marvelous. I wish I could send you a picture.

Best wishes, Cathy

Back