What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First time visitor

S

Sun City Sue

My name is Sue. I just purchased a kitchenaid mixer. I have made meatloaf, pizza, and Tart Lemon Bars. How did I ever survive without this kitchenaid mixer in the past. Now, I want to make bread and bake it in mini pans, two cup capacity. It is just my husband and myself and I think we can use the mini loaves much better in our house.:)

Welcome Sue.

Everybody's a first-timer sometime. Hopefully it won't be your last time.

You're talking about regular yeast bread? Not quick breads? If so, I would strongly recommend that you get a remote probe thermometer if you don't already have one.

You certainly can bake bread in those minis. But you'll need to make serious changes to baking times. A thermometer will tell you when to take out the loaves (internal temps of at least 190F). After a few experiements you can then forgo the thermometer if you wish.

Thermometer

Our little kitchen store is out of instant thermometers. I tried to buy one yesterday. My cookbook should arrive today. We have to figure out how to make all of this food without gaining too much weight.
Sue

Y'all don't gain weight by making all that food. You gain it by eating it. :D

Hi Sue

Hello S.C.Sue,

I would think you could make a regular recipe of yeast dough, then after you punch it down after the 1st rise you could form into small loaves and bake until they are brown and hollow sounding when tapped on the top crust, that is how I check mine. The rest of the dough you could shape into small loaves then freeze, remove from freezer and defrost in warm place and let double in bulk and bake as needed. There are some great recipes under BREADS that you will find useful, and alot of do's and don't s of bread baking.

Welcome to our forum hope you'll love it. Funny thing is I found this site after purchasing my stand mixer, just like you did!;)

Nice having you here, Cathy

New Here

I'm also brand new to forums ---found this group through the Spice Website and was so impressed with all the recipes available ---could only wade through to page 120 but, will continue! And they were for spices I use ---:) So, hope to find more exciting recipes! Thanks for having me!

Welcome to our little family, LynnAlive.

Why don't you tell us a little about yourself? Your likes and dislikes, your cooking style, and so forth.

Meanwhile, don't be shy about posting. Everybody, newbie to executive chef, has something worth sharing. Just jump in on an existing thread, or start one--or six--of your own.

I'm also brand new to forums ---found this group through the Spice Website and was so impressed with all the recipes available ---could only wade through to page 120 but, will continue! And they were for spices I use ---:) So, hope to find more exciting recipes! Thanks for having me!

:) Hi and welcome here. This is a great site. You will get lots of new ideas here & a lot of good recipes. I just joined here this month & like it. Welcome again, Cookie :)

Back