What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi everybody.

S

StickyPirate

Another newbie...thanks KYHeirloomer for directing me here. I'm a working mom of three little boys. I love to cook and especially to bake, but am in the stage of life when it's got to be simple or forget it!

Am looking forward to learning from all of you here in a friendly atmosphere.

A Big Hello To You:sb

Hi Sb,

Welcome Aboard We Are A Pretty Friendly Bunch And Love Sharing, Learning, And Asking Questions.....so Hope You'll Enjoy This Forum As Much As I Have.

So You Like Anything Fast Huh? Well Let Me Encourage You That As Time Goes On You'll Be Cooking Just About Everything Fast, (and From Scratch Or Not You Will Just Be In And Out Of The Kitchen Before You Know It) Experience Makes For Quickness, At Least For Me It Did.

One Trick That I Have Is To: Incorporate Leftovers Into A Meal: Just Last Night I Had Fried Pork Cube Steaks, With Oven Roasted Potatoes, And Field Peas W/ Snaps, French Bread And Butter. The Steaks Are Coated In Flour, Then Fried In An Iron Skillet Until Nicely Brown And Crisp (they Cook Quickly) The Potatoes I Used Were From Tues. Nights Meal And Were Precooked So I Had Simply Cubed Them Added Olive Oil To The Bottom Of My Cookie Sheet Threw The Cubed Potatoes And Chopped Onion, And Bell Pepper In With Them And Sprinkeled All With Garlic Powder And Greek Seasoning Then Browned In A 450 Degree Oven Til Done, And They Were Done At The Same Time The Cube Steaks Were, And In The Time It Took Me To Fry The Steaks, I Had My Peas Warmed And Placed Into A Serving Dish. By The Time I Was Almost Ready To Pull The Potatoes Out Of The Oven I Threw My French Bread In To Warm After Stirring The Potatoes. Whole Time Was Less That 30 Min's From Prep To Table. Of-course My Family Helps Set The Table And Pour The Drinks And That Helps Out Alot. You Will Find That Kids Love To Help, Just Ask Nicely And Then Praise Them Alot!;)

Well I Did Not Mean To Ramble, But Chatty Cathy Gets Carried Away.:d

Cheers And Welcome, Cathy

Thanks, CC!

I appreciate the welcome and the dinner idea. I have developed the ability to pull together a meal pretty quickly too...my 2 year old gets into mischief very fast so I have to be on my toes and moving fast! Thanks again--SP

Hey, Sticky, glad you made it.

More and more refugees from that other site are finding a home, here. So you'll find old friends as well as new one.

You know, of course, that being two years old is just a phase kids go through. It lasts from about 18 months until the day you die. :D

Har har har.

I'd venture to say that my middle son is the twoiest two year old I've yet met.

And just try saying "twoiest two year old" ten times fast.

Bwahahahaha.

Hello from Gig Harbor, WA

Hey All,
I'm also a recent referral of KYHeirloomer. Thanks Brook! What a great website! I live in Gig Harbor, WA (just west of Tacoma) on beautiful Puget Sound. We have clams in our front yard, 6 bald eagles, otters, and osprey. Our beach also has native Pacificas oysters...huge guys...but one day we hope to populate with a variety that is a little more slurping friendly, like Kumamotos. I make a mean cioppino and steamed clams. I always need help with wine pairings and desserts. I can't wait to meet you all!
PK

Well, what a nice surprise, welcome SP and pk.

Sometimes all my clients on a ship can be two year olds, when it's bad weather, everyone is tired, must cater to the little whims. No problem, they do appreciate it!

pk. I too would like to see a little more wine action here. I try to remember to include a pairing with recipes. As a matter of fact I will post soon about some new discoveries.

Welcome,
Nan

Talking Out Of Turn---Again.

Not to put any pressure on, folks, but a certain new member just returned from China, where experiencing the cuisine was part of the reason for being there.

If we all smile, and ask nicely, maybe PK (whoops! I didn't say that) will tell us about that culinary oddessey.

I reckon the favorite ethinic food thread would be a good place for it, doncha all think.

Absolutely!!!:) I Am Sure I Am One Of The Ones Who Would Love To "read All About It"!!! And Welcome Aboard Our Forum Is A Terrific Place, Sure You'll Love It!
Cathy

Wow...thanks everyone for the warm reception. I can really feel the love in here. I'd love to share my adventures and also ask lots of questions. As refugees from the dark side (the forum that must not be named) I feel like I know many of you already. I look forward to getting to know each of you and sharing our mutual passion of all things epicurian.
PK

Back