What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Music while cooking

M

MollyOlliver

i just got the new josh gracin cd and i was def listening to the cd while cooking hhaha, well i love the song we weren't crazy is so good, and his music video is great too, check him out myspace

Lately there are two things I listen to when I am cooking and they both reside on AOL radio.. I have it piped in via bluetooth to my sound system.

Acoustic Blues

&

Big Band Swing

For some reason these just work for me while I am cooking.

My music depends on time of the day--enjoy Mozart very early, or some Bela Fleck's Perpetual Motion.

A bit later some Jimmy Buffet, followed by some country rock or old country. Later some classic rock or maybe some Sinatra??

Wind down with some quiet jazz, Pat Methany?

This is a small sampling of my music tastes, except for one or two types of music, pretty much enjoy it all!

Nan

Last edited:
Wow Nan & Jafo both like some of the same music as me!

REALLY Strange thing though I perfer no music or TV noise when I cook. I love silence to THINK:) I also like it quiet in my car driving and really prefer quiet over noise any day of the week...hee-hee!

Gotta' LOVE Jimmy Buffet though!!! & Big Band Swing & my ultimate favorite RAE-GAE!!!! Just an ole' Beach Babe at heart:p Hey don't blame me - my folks hatched and raised me in Miami Florida:D;):rolleyes:

CCCathy

i just got the new josh gracin cd and i was def listening to the cd while cooking hhaha, well i love the song we weren't crazy is so good, and his music video is great too, check him out myspace

Thumbs up on the Josh Gracin. I think I had Brad Paisley on my playlist the other night, but I definitely need to have something in the background while I cook- either music or my TV tuned to Food Network ;)

I have the TV generally running in the background, usually on the news or other talk show. I'm used to have a person around me while I'm cooking (no more) so it just gives me the feeling I'm not alone.

It gives me something to do while I'm waiting for something to cook or I don't have any prep work to do

Back