What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NuWave Roasted Chicken

jglass

1 4-5lb Whole Chicken
McCormick Rotisserie Chicken Seasoning To Taste
1/4 Cup Olive Oil
2 Tablespoons Butter
1 Head Of Garlic
1 Stalk Celery Cut In Half
1 Carrot Cut In Half
1 Onion Cut In Half
Kitchen Twine

Wash and dry chicken.
Loosen skin over each breast and slide 1 tablespoon butter between the skin and breast meat. This will add moisture.
Cut head of garlic in half and place into chicken cavity with the veggies.
I use kitchen twine to tie the legs together. It helps keep the aromatics inside during roasting.
Brush olive oil over entire chicken then sprinkle liberally with the McCormick seasoning blend. We use alot because we really love the flavor.
I bake it for 15min per pound on the highest setting in my NuWave oven.
You must turn the chicken over half way through the cooking time so that the bottom is evenly browned.
This chicken is yummy. We have it atleast once a week and everyone who has tried it loves it.

2cigspt.jpg

Last edited:
NuWave ovens are countertop ovens, made of glass with the cooking unit that sits on the top of the "bowl". They cook faster and many swear by it.

They are just like the Galloping Gourmet Cookers that were out years ago - same concept. I had a GGC and the cooking top went on it - just burned out. And I had paid $200 for it not including the additional rings for added height for larger roasts.

Yes they are nice - but as far as I am concerned I wouldn't want one - I don't feel the heating mechanism will last long on those.

But that is my opinion.

I agree.
I should have done more research before getting mine.
The dome is made of plastic and so is the top and most crack out within a year.
I love the way it cooks but I'm scared everytime I use it.
Normally I research more before buying but on this one I let them get me with the infomercial. In my defense I had a cold and had not slept in awhile :eek:
If I pay $125 for something I expect it to last. This item most likely will not.

jglass -

The Galloping Gourmet one was bigger and the top was made of heavy duty glass - like oven glass - the problem was the motor burning out. But I still have the rings (big deal - maybe I can make 18-inch cookies or donuts with them - LOL) and I do have a heavy duty oven proof bowl-type contraption I can use. And the racks that came with it come in handy - fit nicely in pans for steaming. But all in all - it really wasn't worth it - not money wise.

I have read alot of reviews where the motors in the NuWaves burn out.
I never leave it on unless Im going to be around to watch it.
It makes good food but if I had it to do over again I would not have spent the money on it.
It is the one item I never researched before buying. I was depressed when I started looking into it but it was to late then.

Now you've learned - anything with a "top" motor is not going to last - period. Not worth the money!

Too many gadgets out there are a total rip-off!

For instance - the garlic press. I have 3 - I do not use them - but I will find a use for them one of these days.

Yep now I know better.
It is just so tempting for those of us who are gadget addicted. :eek:
I remember when I got my garlic press. I was so sure I would use it.
Now I cant even remember when I threw it out.

Back