What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I am such a dummy.

jglass

My elderly neighbor calls tonight and asks if I have a big sharp knife she can borrow. I told her I would bring her one right over. I warned her to be careful because I keep all of my knives sharp. She tells me she needed it to chop up a bunch of cabbage for a dish she is making for a meal at church.

An hour and a half later dummy me realized I should have offered to bring over the food processor and run the cabbage through it :mad:
I just wasnt thinking. Hopefully none of her fingers were among the things she had to chop. She is going to be 88 years old in Sept.

Well - she did ask for a knife! Knowing how sharp it was you could have offered to chop it for her and then tell her that your processor would do a good job. But at 88 - she may tell you what to do with your chopper too! Many oldsters do it the "right" way - and you can't change that. If your chopper does it a fraction smaller or larger than she wants - it won't work for some.

At least check on her to see if she needs a blood transfusion! LOL

No major blood loss. No bandaged fingers.
I made the excuse to take her over some buttermilk cornbread I made this morning.
We usually split a batch when I make it.

Well she told me today she is moving in with her son who lives in Ohio.
I will be so sad to see her go but she needs to live with relatives and I understand.

I gave her the other knife that went with the one she borrowed so she would have the set. Every cook needs a good set of knives.
She asked me if we wanted a little round four seat dinner table she had. Then she explained to me she was moving but didnt want to tell us cause she will miss us.
She has lived here for over ten years. Im gonna miss my little blue hair pal.
My father in law came and got the table and chairs. He plans to use it for the kids table at holiday dinners.

Back