What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lurking Sister..Cole

jglass

My little sister has been lurking here for awhile.
I hope she decided to introduce herself soon.
I told her you guys are great.

Oh Cole...are you out there? :p

You outted me. lol

I guess I should introduce myself! My name's Cole, I'm a stay at home mom with two kids.. I love food, but I'm better at eating it than cooking it LOL!

Last edited:
YAY!!!!!!
She speaks lol.

You are learning to cook. Everyone starts somewhere and there are alot of wonderful people here to help. Don't be afraid to ask them anything.

Welcome, Cole,

(Reminds of one of the entries in a book I have---a collection of social laws, like Murphy's Law---Coles Law: Finely Shredded Cabbage. But I digress)

Don't feel bad about not being a great cook. You're part of the second generation that grew up confusing microwaving with cooking. But the fact you are here shows that you want to learn.

We'll try and teach ya.

How close do you live to your Sis?

She lives in Blaine KY.
Her hubby works for a tree trimming company here in Grayson so I am able to send her goodies by him on his way home from work. Her oldest daughter thinks my chicken soup cures everything. The were at Wal Mart and there was a blood drive going on outside. My four year old niece asks what they are doing and Cole tells her they take blood from healthy people and give it to sick people to make them better. My niece stops and says why not just give them Naney's soup lol.. That was one of the best compliments I had ever heard lol.

She calls me Naney cause my first name is Janie.

Last edited:
Welcome, Cole,

(Reminds of one of the entries in a book I have---a collection of social laws, like Murphy's Law---Coles Law: Finely Shredded Cabbage. But I digress)

Don't feel bad about not being a great cook. You're part of the second generation that grew up confusing microwaving with cooking. But the fact you are here shows that you want to learn.

We'll try and teach ya.

How close do you live to your Sis?

I can't microwave much, either. LOL I've mastered the art of burning water, though. Moms really should come with more than two hands.:eek:

I'm not much good at microwaving myself, Cole.

But I'm available for cooking lessons! :cool:

Hi Cole

It's funny when I responded to you I noticed you were from Kentucky, and I remember thinking wow now we have another KY person @ Spice Place:) Well Lil'Bit you couldn't be any worse than I was in the kitchen, I knew practically ZILCH when I married (well except from what I learned in Home EC which was mostly how to bake cookies & pies YUMMY). So here I was all married and of-course I was exspected to cook meals, and I did not know where to go from baking that cake! I remember my Mom coming over and teaching me how to make stew!!! SHEEWWWW that saved my skin, and the fact that he loved his Mama's cooking. We went there every weekend, and so she did all the cooking. After a while I just got better and better and cooking became my passion! I love it and I am sure in time you will as well. Heck I even went thru a stage where I tried cooking everything in the microwave, entire meals! Imagine that!!! It was a long time ago:D And if my memory serves me correct some of the dishes weren't that bad.

So hope you stay with us, and hang in there--you will become a good cook in time---just don't give up!

CCCathy

Back