What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Monkey Bread

• Thread starter Little Bit of Lime
  • Start date
L

Little Bit of Lime

My husband and kids would have me making this every day if they could.

MONKEY BREAD
4 tubes Pillsbury pull-apart rolls
2/3 c. sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 c. sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 1/2 sticks butter

Cut biscuits into fourths. Combine 2/3 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon in a bag; add cut up biscuits pieces and shake well. Place 1/2 the cut up biscuits in bundt pan. Cook 1 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1 1/2 sticks butter for 2 minutes and pour 1/2 mix over pieces in pan. Add remaining biscuits and top with rest of liquid mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.

FWIW, virtually any yeast dough can be made up in the Monkey Bread style; with or without the sweeteners.

This is a great way to make dinner rolls, for instance, without having to shape them. Just take equally-sized pieces of dough, round them off, and line them up in a bundt or tube pan, and you're good to go.

This is a fun approach, particularly at special events like Thanksgiving, cuz everyone gets to break off their own serving.

reminds me, somewhere, sometime ago, there was a thread on savory breads like this???

When I get time I will do a search? or has anyone here done this?

Nan

Well here's my 2 cents (again) -

Mama's Monkey Bread

I make my homemade dough - enough for 1 or 2 loaves using the original bread machine (lefty and righty)

Using my kitchen shears, I cut off pieces and dip in melted butter, roll in sugar or sugar and cinnamon; place in my tube/bundt/fancy mold pan of choice and bake at 350 till done.

When done, invert onto serving platter; let set a few minutes so that the pan comes off easily.

Drizzle with icing and decorate with maraschino cherries for a nice festive look.

And now for a REAL treat - add raisins (or use a really good raisin bread recipe) to your dough.

And it is also good with a good oatmeal-raisin bread recipe!

And I do so many different variations!

But then again - that's the way Mama does it!

Back