What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thrill of the Grill

K

KYHeirloomer

It’s getting to be grilling time. We all do hamburgers, and hot dogs, and ribs, and brisket, and pulled pork, and probably don't have to share recipes for them. I thought, though, it might be fun to share our favorite side dishes.

Here are some of mine:

Zesty Sauerkraut Relish

1 cup sugar
1 cup vinegar
2 tsp prepared mustard
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp black pepper
½ large red pepper
1 medium onion
½ cucumber

Heat the sugar and vinegar until sugar dissolves. Stir in the mustard, garlic and salt. Allow to cool.

Slice onion thinly in half moons. Cut pepper and cucumber into short julienne strips. Drain and squeeze kraut.

Mix vegetables in a large bowl. Add the vinegar mixture and combine well. Allow to stand in fridge at least four hours.

There are probably more recipes for slaw than any other single salad type. But this one is a big different:

Jicama Slaw

2-3 large oranges
½ cup red onion, minced
½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
½ cup mayonnaise
2 tbls frozen OJ concentrate
1 tbls sugar
1 jalapeno or Serrano, minced
2 cups jicama, shredded
3 cups green cabbage, shredded

Grate orange peel; measure 1 tablespoon. Put in large bowl and set aside. Cut away remaining white pitch from oranges, working over a bowl to collect juices. Separate segments.* Set aside.

Add onion, cilantro, mayo, OJ, sugar and chili to orange zest. Add jicama and cabbage and stir to combine. Reserve several orange segments for garnish; cut rest in halve and stir into slaw. Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with reserved segments, orange curls and cilantro.

*I actually go to the bother of cutting the oranges into supremes. But most folks won’t take that trouble.

One thing I hate about grilling is going to the trouble of preparing a great charcoal bed and then cooking only one item on it. So I’m always on the lookout for side dishes which can be made on the grill. Here are a couple:

Grilled Butter-Rum Pineapple

2 rip pineapples
¼ cup butter
1 tbls fresh ginger, minced
½ tsp nutmeg
¼ cup brown sugar
Zest of 1 lime
¼ cup lime juice
1 cup dark rum

Melt butter in medium saucepan. Add the rest of the ingredients except rum and cook over medium heat, 3-4 minutes. Stir in the rum, bring to low boil, and continue cooking for a few minutes to let the flavors blend. Remove from heat and strain out the ginger. Set aside.

Slice pineapples in half lengthwise, including the tops/leaves. Remove the cores. Carefully cut the fruit from the skin as much as you can with a sharp narrow knife, keeping the outer pineapple intact.

Slice the pineapples into ½ inch slices, being careful to not cut into the “bowls” formed by the skin. Pour some of the warm butter-rum sauce over the fruit.

Grill the pineapple bowls in a medium to medium-hot grill until fruit is hot and tender, 20-30 minutes, basting occasionally. The bowls can then sit on a warm spot on the grill until ready to use.

Grilled Garlic Potatoes

4 medium baking potatoes
8 garlic cloves
Fresh parsley sprigs
Fresh rosemary sprigs
2 tbls extra virgin olive oil
2 tbls butter
Additional butter
Salt & pepper

Scrub potatoes and peel if desired (I usually don’t). Slice potatoes in ¼” x ¼” x 2” strips. Peel garlic and slice.

Butter a large square of heavy duty foil. Place half the potatoes and half the garlic in center. Sprinkle with salt & pepper. Lay parsley and rosemary springs on top of potatoes. Drizzle with olive oil and dot with half the butter. Seal package. Repeat with remaining ingredients.

Place packet over hot grill. Let cook 15 minutes, turn pouch, cook another 15 minutes.

Years ago I had the great fortune to share some time with Tony Lia, formerly a chef at The Stinking Rose, a restaurant that specializes in garlic dishes. Tony taught me his marinade for grilled veggies. While this is particularly good with wild mushrooms (Tony was using it to feed Shiitakies to a crowd), it also works wonderfully with other veggies, such as summer squash, onions, even tomatoes. And it lends an incredible zip to grilled fruit, such as plums, necterines, and peaches.

Tony Lia’s Grilled Veggie Marinade

1 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tbls sugar
2 tbls chopped garlic
½ tsp black pepper
½ tsp paprika
½ cup olive oil
Fresh herbs to taste, chopped (I like parsley, basil, and tarragon for this, 2-3 tablespoons total after chopping)

Combine vinegar, sugar, garlic, pepper and paprika over low heat. Cook until reduce by half. Add the EVOO and fresh herbs.

Soak veggies 15-20 minutes. Lay out on grill. Cook until done, turning as necessary, and basting with marinade.

Last edited:
I myself love cooking summer squash on the grill. I just hit it with some EVOO, and salt and pepper and grill about 2-3 minutes on each side. Delicious!

KY, that slaw looks really, really good. Love jicama and it is popular with my crews too. Since I often have little or no help I like sides that can be served room temp such as roasted veggies, especially asparagus, broccoli, or cauliflower. Also have a roasted root veggie salad that rocks.
Here is another, I use frozen petite whole green beans-- from Ina Garten--
The more garlic
flavor you can get into the oil the better, I put quite a few extra cloves in the oil to munch as I prep the rest of the dinner!!

Broccoli with Garlic and Soy Sauce

1 head garlic, peeled (about 16 cloves)
1 cup good olive oil
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon kosher salt
4 stalks broccoli, cut into florets (8 cups
of florets)
2 tablespoons soy sauce

Put the garlic cloves and oil in a small
heavy-bottomed saucepan. Bring to a boil
and cook uncovered over low heat for 10 to
15 minutes, until the garlic is browned and
tender. Turn off the heat and add the red
pepper flakes and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
Immediately pour into a heat-proof
container to stop the cooking. Allow to
cool to room temperature. For the salad,
blanch the broccoli florets in a large pot
of boiling salted water for 2 to 3 minutes,
until crisp-tender. Drain well and immerse
immediately into a large bowl of ice water
until the broccoli is cooled. This process
stops the cooking and sets the bright green
color. Drain well. In a large bowl, toss
the broccoli with 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4
cup of the oil used to cook the garlic, the
soy sauce, and 8 or more cloves of cooked
garlic. Taste for seasonings and serve cold
or at room temperature.

enjoy, Nan

These sound sooooo delicious, that grilled butter rum pineapple Oh my goodness I can not wait, hey KYH I see a theme here...me and pineapple:) You post 'em I'll cook 'em! I even considered moving to Hawaii at one point in my life because of my great love for pineapple!:eek:
I do grilled potatoes almost exactly like you do! And the asparagus go on the grill even if we are not grilling out, I just love them the best cooked that way! Also like Jafo the squash as well. Nan your salad sounds terrific! I am going away this weekend to South Alabama and I will try impressing the family with some of these new found recipes you guys have shared!
Thanks, Cathy

Cathy, Cathy, Cathy,

At last count there were four thousand, six hundred and ninety seven versions of potato salad. And at least half that number of baked beans.

So which recipes for those are your faves?

Glad you asked!

Baked Beans

1 lg. can Van Camp's Baked Beans
1/4 sm onion diced
2 tbsp ketchup
1 tbsp mustard
2 tbsp brown sugar
3 slices of bacon

Mix all ing. together (except bacon) pour into a glass baking dish, place bacon strips on top of beans and place into a 350 degree oven for 30-45 min.'s

Potato Salad

I do not know exact amounts on the ing. as the amounts change as I determine size bowl of salad I need to make.

Potatoes washed, peeled, diced, bioled and drained
Mayonnaise
Mustard
Pickle Relish
Green and Black olive slices
Green Onion chopped
Celery chopped
Season Salt of choice
Ground Black Pepper
Hard Boiled Eggs diced

I place all ing. into a large mixing bowl and combine well and serve well chilled. I make mine soupy at first as the mayo. seems to absorb into the potatoes upon standing. I do not care for dry potato salad!

I grill all year 'round. I have several electric grills for indoor (snowbelt) cooking - but of course - I love good old fashioned charcoal cooking!!!!

Basting is a great technique for adding lots of flavor to meat dishes. Use it in conjunction with spice rubs and marinades, or all by itself on those busy nights when you don't have lots of advance preparation time.
Basting sauces are brushed onto meat while it is cooking. It is usually best to apply sauces only during the last 10 to 20 minutes of cooking, especially if the sauce is tomato-based or contains sugar. This prevents over-browning.

Basting Sauce #1

Melt 1 tablespoon butter in fry pan.
Add 1 small chopped onion and saute. Stir in 1/4 cup minced celery, 1/2 cup water, 3/4 cup catsup, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 2 tablespoons Worcestershire and 1/3 cup brown sugar.
Cook about 10 minutes over medium heat.

Basting Sauce #2

In small saucepan, mix together 1/4 cup soy sauce, 2 tablespoons prepared mustard, 2 tablespoons brown sugar and 2 tablespoons vinegar.
Bring to a boil.

Basting Sauce #3

In small saucepan, mix together 1/2 cup lemon juice, 1/4 cup cooking oil, 1 clove garlic (minced), 1 teaspoon paprika and 1 teaspoon pepper.
Bring to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in 1 tablespoon honey.

Vinegar Based BBQ Sauce (Eastern Carolina Sauce)

"This type of sauce is popular in North Carolina. You can use this sauce as a basting sauce, or just mix it into your cooked meat when you are ready to eat."
recipe yield: 1 1/4 cups.

1 cup cider vinegar
1 tablespoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 tablespoon brown sugar

In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, salt, cayenne pepper, crushed red pepper flakes and brown sugar. Mix well and allow ingredients to mesh for about 4 to 8 hours before using.

"This piquant and spicy vinegar-based sauce, popular in Eastern North Carolina, is not for lightweights! It's great for all meats, but best on pork."
recipe yield: 2 quarts.

2 quarts cider vinegar
1/4 cup salt
2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
3 tablespoons red pepper flakes
1 cup light brown sugar
1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce

In a large bowl, mix together cider vinegar, salt, cayenne pepper, red pepper flakes, light brown sugar, and hot pepper sauce. Stir until salt and brown sugar have dissolved. Cover, and let stand at least 3 hours before using as a basting sauce or serving on meat.

"In North Carolina, barbeque sauce is made with a vinegar base and ground red pepper. Pork is the meat of choice."
recipe yield: 4 cups.

2 cups distilled white vinegar
2/3 cup ketchup
1 cup water
1 tablespoon white sugar
salt and pepper to taste
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes

In a sauce pan, combine vinegar, ketchup, water and sugar. Season with salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper and red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until sugar is dissolved.

North Carolina-Style Pulled Pork

"This recipe is delicious, especially when smoked with hickory chips on a charcoal grill. A spicy rub and a zesty vinegar sauce turn pork into a North Carolina favorite."

1 tablespoon mild paprika
2 teaspoons light brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons hot paprika
1/2 teaspoon celery salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
8 pounds pork butt roast
2 cups cider vinegar
1 1/3 cups water
5/8 cup ketchup
1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
5 teaspoons salt
4 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon ground white pepper
2 pounds hickory wood chips, soaked

In a small bowl, mix mild paprika, light brown sugar, hot paprika, celery salt, garlic salt, dry mustard, ground black pepper, onion powder, and salt. Rub spice mixture into the roast on all sides. Wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate 8 hours, or overnight.

Prepare a grill for indirect heat.

Sprinkle a handful of soaked wood over coals, or place in the smoker box of a gas grill. Place pork butt roast on the grate over a drip pan. Cover grill, and cook pork at least 6 hours, or until the internal temperature reaches a minimum of 195 degrees F (200 degrees C). Check hourly, adding fresh coals and hickory chips as necessary to maintain heat and smoke.

Remove pork from heat and place on a cutting board. Allow the meat to cool approximately 15 minutes, then shred into bite-sized pieces using two forks. This requires patience.

In a medium bowl, whisk together cider vinegar, water, ketchup, brown sugar, salt, red pepper flakes, black pepper, and white pepper. Continue whisking until brown sugar and salt have dissolved. Place shredded pork and vinegar sauce in a large roasting pan, and stir to coat pork. Serve immediately, or cover and keep warm on the grill for up to one hour until serving.

Best Carolina BBQ Meat Sauce

1 1/2 cups prepared yellow mustard
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup cider vinegar
3/4 cup beer
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
1 1/2 teaspoons liquid smoke flavoring
1 teaspoon Louisiana-style hot sauce, or to taste

In a heavy non-reactive saucepan, stir together the mustard, brown sugar, vinegar, and beer. Season with chili powder and black, white, and cayenne peppers. Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat, and cook for about 20 minutes. DO NOT BOIL, or you will scorch the sugar and peppers.

Mix in the Worcestershire sauce, butter, and liquid smoke. Simmer for another 15 to 20 minutes. Taste, and season with hot sauce to your liking. Pour into an airtight jar, and refrigerate for overnight to allow flavors to blend. The vinegar taste may be a little strong until the sauce completely cools.

Barbeque Sauce - (Vinegar based)

"This is a good homemade barbecue sauce for whatever meat you decide to grill."
recipe yield: 2 cups.

6 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 cup cider vinegar
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1 cup ketchup
1/2 teaspoon mustard powder

In a small saucepan over low heat, combine the lemon juice, vinegar, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup and mustard powder and stir well. Simmer for 10 minutes, remove from heat and allow to cool.

Barbeque Sauce

"Grilled chicken never tasted as good as it will when you drown it in this wonderfully simple tangy sauce."
recipe yield: 5 cups.

1 quart apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup margarine
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup ketchup
1/4 cup brown sugar
salt and pepper to taste

In a large saucepan, mix together apple cider vinegar, margarine, cayenne pepper, Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 1 hour.

Georgia Barbeque Sauce

"Great on chicken with onions wrapped in tin foil!"

1 cup distilled white vinegar
1/2 tablespoon mustard powder
1 tablespoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon ground red pepper
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon white sugar
2 tablespoons butter
1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste

Combine the vinegar, mustard, black pepper, red pepper, salt, white sugar, and butter in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently. Stir in the tomato paste until well blended. Allow to cool.

MEMPHIS STYLE BBQ SAUCE

Bar-B-Que Sauce

"This is an easy to make Bar-B-Que sauce using ingredients most people have at home."

recipe yield: 1 cup. I double this one!!

1/2 cup ketchup
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
1 dash hot pepper sauce
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon mustard powder
1/4 teaspoon salt

In a small saucepan over medium heat, stir together the ketchup, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, hot pepper sauce, garlic powder, mustard powder, and salt. Bring to a simmer, then remove from heat and allow to cool slightly before brushing on your favorite meat.

to be continued...........

and here is the rest -

Barbeque Sauce

2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 onion, peeled and sliced
1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
1/2 cup water
1 tablespoon prepared mustard
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup ketchup
1 1/2 teaspoons liquid smoke flavoring

In a medium saucepan, mix lemon juice, onion, distilled white vinegar, water, brown sugar, prepared mustard, ground black pepper, salt, cayenne pepper and vegetable oil. Bring to a boil, then simmer uncovered 20 minutes.
Stir ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and liquid smoke flavoring into the mixture. Return to boil, then remove from heat. Refrigerate until ready for use.

DOWNHOME Made BBQ Sauce

2 tablespoons butter, melted
2 tablespoons chopped onion
1 tablespoon chopped green bell pepper
1 cup water
1 cup ketchup
2 teaspoons mustard powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon celery seed
2 teaspoons lemon juice

In a medium nonporous bowl, combine the butter or margarine, onion, green bell pepper, water, ketchup, mustard powder, salt, celery seed, brown sugar and lemon juice. Mix well and use on your choice of meat.

KANSAS CITY STYLE BBQ SAUCES

recipe yield: 2 1/2 cups.

1 cup ketchup
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 cup molasses
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 (5.5 ounce) can tomato juice
2 tablespoons liquid smoke flavoring

In a blender or food processor, combine the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, molasses, brown sugar, onion, garlic powder, ground black pepper, cayenne pepper, lemon juice, tomato juice, and liquid smoke flavoring. Puree until smooth, and transfer to a saucepan.
Place saucepan on the stove over medium heat. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer for about 1 hour, or to desired thickness.

Bubba's Best BBQ Sauce

recipe yield: 3 cups.

1 cup cola-flavored carbonated beverage
1 cup canned tomato sauce
1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup molasses
1/2 cup cider vinegar
2 1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
1 1/2 tablespoons steak sauce
1 tablespoon yellow mustard
1 teaspoon dried savory
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce

In a large saucepan, mix together the cola, tomato sauce, tomato paste, butter, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, molasses, cider and balsamic vinegars, steak sauce, and mustard. Season with chili powder, savory, onion powder, garlic salt, and hot pepper sauce, and stir to blend. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon.

Sweet Barbeque Sauce

recipe yield: 3 quarts.

1 (28 ounce) bottle ketchup
1 (12 ounce) bottle chile sauce
1/3 cup prepared mustard
1 tablespoon ground dry mustard
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons coarsely ground black pepper
1 1/2 cups white wine vinegar
1 dash hot pepper sauce
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle beer
1 cup lemon juice
3 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed

In a large bowl, mix ketchup, chile sauce, prepared mustard, ground dry mustard, brown sugar, black pepper, white wine vinegar, hot pepper sauce, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, vegetable oil, beer and lemon juice. Cover and refrigerate until use. Approximately 1 hour before use, mix in the garlic. Apply generously to desired meats during the final minutes of cooking.

Papa John's Bar-B-Q Sauce

recipe yield: 5 cups.

4 slices bacon, diced
1 large finely chopped onion
3 teaspoons soy sauce
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 (10.75 ounce) cans tomato puree
1/8 cup corn syrup
1/2 cup molasses
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring
2 tablespoons dry mustard
2 teaspoons paprika
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1 bay leaf
1 1/2 teaspoons salt

In a large saucepan brown bacon until crispy and discard excess grease. Add onions and cook for a few minutes until wilted.
Combine soy sauce, garlic, tomato puree, corn syrup, molasses, brown sugar and liquid smoke. Add to bacon and onion in the saucepan. Season with chili powder, mustard, paprika, cayenne, ground cloves, bay leaf and salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour.

TEXAS BBQ SAUCES:

BBQ Sauce

recipe yield: 1 1/2 cups.

1/4 cup cider vinegar
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 cup water
3 tablespoons white sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon chili powder

In a medium bowl or bottle, combine the vinegar, ketchup, water, sugar, salt and chili powder. Mix well and store in the refrigerator until ready for use.

Texas Chili Beef Slices

recipe yield: 6 servings.

2 pounds round steak
1 teaspoon meat tenderizer
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
1 lemon, sliced
1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce

Sprinkle meat with meat tenderizer. Place in a shallow glass baking dish large enough to accommodate the meat. Mix together onion, garlic, vinegar, oil, Worcestershire sauce, and chili powder, and pour over steak. Marinate for 2 or more hours in the refrigerator.

Preheat grill for medium-low heat.

Brush grate with oil. Transfer steak to grill, reserving marinade. Cook, covered, for 30 to 40 minutes, or to your desired degree of doneness, turning once. Allow steak to rest for a few minutes off the heat
While meat is cooking prepare sauce. Combine reserved marinade, tomato sauce, lemon slices, brown sugar, mustard powder, and hot sauce in a medium saucepan. Simmer for 10 minutes over medium low heat.
Slice meat across the grain. Spoon sauce over steak, and serve.

Brisket with BBQ Sauce

This recipe for BBQ brisket is so tender and absolutely delicious.
recipe yield: 8 to 10.

4 pounds lean beef brisket
2 tablespoons liquid smoke flavoring
1 tablespoon onion salt
1 tablespoon garlic salt

1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 cup ketchup
3 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup water
1/2 teaspoon celery salt
1 tablespoon liquid smoke flavoring
1 1/2 teaspoons mustard powder
salt and pepper to taste

Pour liquid smoke over brisket. Rub with onion salt and garlic salt. Roll brisket in foil and refrigerate overnight.
Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Place brisket in a large roasting pan. Cover and bake for 5 to 6 hours. Remove from oven, cool, and then slice. Put slices back into pan.
In a medium saucepan, combine brown sugar, ketchup, butter, water, celery salt, liquid smoke, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, salt and pepper. Stir, and cook until boiling.
Pour sauce over meat slices in pan. Cover and bake for 1 more hour.

ALABAMA BBQ SAUCES:

White BBQ Sauce

recipe yield: 3 cups.

2 cups mayonnaise
2 tablespoons ground black pepper
2 tablespoons salt
6 tablespoons lemon juice
6 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
4 tablespoons white sugar

In a medium bowl, combine the mayonnaise, pepper, salt, lemon juice, vinegar and sugar. Mix all together until smooth. Use to baste chicken, pork chops or ribs as they cook on the grill. Serve extra as dipping sauce!

recipe yield: 1 cup.

1/2 cup cider vinegar
1/4 cup water
3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoons white sugar
1/2 cup mayonnaise

In a small nonporous bowl, combine the vinegar, water, ground black pepper, sugar and mayonnaise and mix well. Use on your favorite meat.

All-American Potato Salad

1 1/3 pounds potatoes -- (4 medium) cut into 1-inch pieces
salt
2 ounces bacon -- cooked and crumbled
2 hard-cooked eggs -- coarsely chopped
2 ounces crumbled blue cheese
DRESSING:
1 cup lowfat sour cream
1/2 cup lowfat mayonnaise
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/8 teaspoon white pepper -- (1/8 to 1/4)

In large saucepan, combine 5 cups water, potatoes and 2 teaspoons of salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cover and cook 12 to 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork. Meanwhile, in blender container, combine all dressing ingredients; process until blended. When potatoes are done, drain well. In large bowl, combine potatoes, bacon, eggs and blue cheese. Add dressing; toss to coat. Season with additional salt, as desired. Cover and refrigerate.

Broccoli Salad

3 C broccoli florets
2 oz Shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 C raisins
1/4 C red onion, shopped
8 slices crumbled bacon

1/2 Cup mayonnaise
2 Tablespoon sugar
2 teaspoon lemon juice

Combine broccoli, cheese, raisins, onion and bacon in a serving bowl.
Mix mayonnaise, lemon juice and sugar and pour over broccoli in bowl, mix well.
Refrigerate before serving.

Marcella's Blue Ribbon Potato Salad

2 medium tomatoes -- cut in 3/4-inch cubes
1 2/3 pounds potatoes -- (5 medium) peeled or unpeeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup chopped parsley
2 cloves garlic -- minced
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon ground cumin
3/4 cup thinly sliced red onion

In heavy 3-quart saucepan cook potatoes, covered, in 2 inches boiling water 10 to 12 minutes until just tender. Meanwhile, in large bowl whisk oil, juice, parsley, garlic, salt, paprika and cumin. Mix in tomatoes and onion. Drain potatoes thoroughly and add to bowl. Toss gently to coat completely. Serve warm or at room temperature.

SWEET POTATO AND APPLE SALAD

1 can sweet potatoes or yams
2 med. lg. red apples
1 c. celery
1/2 c. white raisins
1/2 c. nuts (walnuts, pecans or almonds)
1 c. lite salad dressing
Juice of 1 lemon or frozen concentrate

Cube cooked potatoes. Dice celery and unpeeled apples. Mix ingredients together. Refrigerate and serve chilled.

CAROLINA COLE SLAW

1 large head cabbage (about 3 pounds), cored
1 pound pared and shredded carrots
1 chopped green bell pepper
1 chopped sweet onion
2/3 cup vegetable oil
1 cup cider vinegar
1 teaspoon celery seed
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1 cup sugar

1. Shred cabbage into a large bowl; toss with shredded carrots, green bell pepper and sweet onion.

2. In saucepan bring to boil vegetable oil, cider vinegar, celery seed, salt, dry mustard, and sugar; stir to dissolve sugar. Let cool slightly and then pour over cabbage mixture while still warm. Stir thoroughly, cover and refrigerate overnight.

CREAMY COLESLAW

SERVES 8

½ c. mayonnaise
2 T. sugar
1 T. cider vinegar
1 t. salt
1 t. pepper
5 c. shredded cabbage

Whisk mayo, sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper. Toss with cabbage. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or up to 1 day.

Pineapple Coleslaw

----DRESSING----
1/2 c Dairy Sour Cream
1 tb Onion; Finely chopped
1/2 c Mayonnaise
1 ts Lemon Juice
2 ts Sugar

----SALAD----
2 c Green Cabbage; shredded
1 c Carrots; shredded
1 c Red Apple; chopped
3/4 c Pineapple tidbits; drained

In small bowl, combine all dressing ingredients; blend well. In large bowl, combine all salad ingredients; toss lightly. Pour dressing over salad; mix well. Cover; refrigerate to blend flavors.

GREEK PASTA SALAD

1 lb Penne Pasta uncooked (about 5 cups dry)
1-1/2 C English Cucumber-peeled, seeded, and diced
3 med Tomatoes, seeded and chopped
1 C Feta Cheese, crumbled
1/2 C Red Onions, chopped
1/4 C Green Onions, chopped
1/2 C Kalamata Olives, pitted and sliced
1/4 C Fresh Oregano, chopped

Dressing

1/2 C Chicken Broth, low-sodium and low-fat
1/4 C Red Wine Vinegar
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1-2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
1 tsp Dijon Mustard
1-2 tsp Sugar
2-3 cloves Garlic, minced
1/2 tsp Black Pepper

Cook past according to package directions. Drain. Rinse with cold water and drain again.
In a large bowl, toss together pasta, cucumber, tomatoes, feta, onions, olives, and oregano. Set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients. Pour over salad and mix well. Season with more black pepper, if desired.

Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour (preferably more) before serving.

Makes 8 servings.

30 Minute Ham and Bleu Cheese Salad

12 oz. uncooked bowtie pasta
1/2 c. chopped pecans
1/3 c. grated Parmesan
1/4 c. chopped fresh basil or 1 T. dried
1/4 c. chopped fresh parsley or 1 T. dried
4 oz. cooked ham, chopped
1/4 c. crumbled bleu cheese
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 t. pepper
1/4 c. lemon juice
2 T. olive oil
1/4 c. sun-dried tomatoes, chopped (optional)

Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and transfer to serving bowl. Add pecans, Parmesan, basil, parsley, ham, bleu cheese, garlic, pepper and lemon juice; toss gently to combine. Add oil, stir gently and add sun dried tomatoes.

Serve immediately or cover and chill.

SPAGHETTI SALAD

1 lb spaghetti, cooked & drained well
1 large onion, diced
1/2 cup green bell pepper, diced
1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
1/2 cup celery, diced
1/2 cup carrots, grated or finely diced
2 fresh tomatoes (or 1 cup canned, drained well), diced
Salt & Pepper to taste
2 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
1 cup mayo or ranch dressing
5-6 slices of bacon

While spaghetti is cooking, cook bacon until crisp, crumble and set aside. Drain but do not rinse spaghetti; let cool slightly, cut into 2-3 inch pieces. Mix the remaining ingredients together (omit Italian season if using ranch dressing instead of mayo). Pour over cooled spaghetti and mix well. Chill until serving time. Serve on a bed of mixed greens and sprinkle crumbled bacon over top or use real bacon bits.

Rotini and Tuna Salad

Salad:

12 ozs. tuna in water, drained and flaked
2 1/2 cup rotini pasta, uncooked
1 cup frozen green peas, thawed and cooked
1 cup celery, sliced
1/2 cup bell peppers, chopped
1/2 cup onions, chopped

Dressing:

1 cup fat-free mayonnaise
3 tablespoons lemon juice, bottled
1/2 teaspoon thyme
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper

Cook pasta according to directions on package. Rinse pasta with cold water and drain.

For the salad combine pasta, tuna, peas, celery, bell peppers, and onions in a mixing bowl. Mix well.

For the dressing combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, thyme, salt, and black pepper. Mix well.

Gently stir dressing into the salad. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.

Yield: 8 servings

Fusilli Salad with White Beans

1 16-ounce package fusilli pasta
1 cup white pea beans -- soaked and cooked
OR
1 cup canned white pea beans -- drained and rinsed
5 ounces hard Italian hot salami -- sliced thinly
4 plum tomatoes -- chopped
1/2 red pepper -- cut in long, thin slices
1/2 green pepper -- cut in long, thin slices
10 black olives -- pitted and halved
2 tablespoons fresh parsley -- chopped

BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 clove garlic -- minced
1/2 cup olive oil
Salt and pepper -- to taste

Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water. In a large bowl, combine remaining salad ingredients. Add pasta and toss lightly to mix.

Dressing: Mix all ingredients together, whisking the olive oil in gradually at the end, until dressing is slightly thickened. Season with salt and pepper.

Just before serving, pour dressing over salad and toss.

"Twisted" Nicoise Salad

BLACK OLIVE VINAIGRETTE:
1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives -- rinsed
2 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 1/2 teaspoons chopped basil
1 1/2 teaspoons chopped parsley
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
TWISTED NICOISE:
1 1/3 pounds small yellow-flesh potatoes -- cut in half
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
salt and black pepper
1/2 pound green beans -- trimmed
4 cups baby salad greens
3/4 pound ripe red tomatoes -- sliced
1 pound grilled chicken breast -- cut in strips
1/4 cup grated provolone cheese
1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives

To make vinaigrette, combine olives, water, vinegar, basil, parsley and pepper in food processor bowl or blender jar; process or blend until puréed. With motor running, slowly pour in oil.

In medium saucepan, cook potatoes in 2 inches simmering water, covered, 25 to 30 minutes or until tender. Drain potatoes and return them to saucepan; shake over low heat 1 to 2 minutes to dry thoroughly. Crush potatoes with fork, leaving some large chunks; stir in oil and season with salt and pepper. Set aside. In large saucepan, bring 2 quarts water to a boil; add 1 tablespoon salt. Drop in beans; boil about 3 minutes or until cooked but still slightly crunchy. Drain beans; drop into bowl of ice water to cool quickly; drain and set aside.

Toss greens with 4 tablespoons vinaigrette and divide among 4 large plates or shallow bowls. Arrange potatoes, tomatoes, beans and chicken around greens, dividing them equally; drizzle with remaining vinaigrette. Sprinkle cheese on top; garnish with olives.

NOTES : Shred smoked chicken or leftover roast chicken and use in place of grilled chicken.

Gazpacho Salad

6 Roma or plum tomatoes, chopped
1 onion, chopped
2 cucumbers, peeled, seeded and chopped
1/2 cup black olives, sliced
1 green pepper, chopped
3 - 4 stalks celery, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
1 Tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
1 tsp. hot sauce
Salt and pepper to taste

In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, onion, cucumber, black olives green pepper and celery and toss. Combine garlic, vinegar, olive oil, parsley, basil, hot sauce and salt and pepper in a cruet and shake well. Just before serving, pour olive oil mixture over tomato mixture and toss.

Greek Salad on Pita

3 large ripe Florida tomatoes -- sliced 1/4 inch thick
1 small cucumber -- peeled and thinly sliced
1/4 pound Feta cheese -- crumbled
20 Greek style black olives -- pitted and cut in half
1 tablespoon fresh oregano
Salt and freshly ground pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
4 pita breads -- halved and opened into pockets

Layer the tomatoes and cucumbers in a small bowl. Add the Feta cheese. olives, oregano and salt and pepper. Sprinkle oil and vinegar over all. Let stand 30 minutes.

Slip one quarter of the tomato mixture into each pita pocket, cut sandwich in half and serve.

Mandarin Salad

1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup cider vinegar
1/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
1 cup sliced almonds
1/3 cup sugar
1 head iceberg lettuce
1 head romaine lettuce
2 cups chopped celery
2 (11 ounce) cans mandarin oranges, drained
1 cup thinly sliced red onions

Shake 1st 6 dressing ingredients in a jar and refrigerate.
Stir almonds and sugar in a small pan over medium heat until sugar melts and starts to carmelize and almonds are very lightly toasted.
Scrape into metal bowl and cool to room temperature.
Break up and store covered at room temperature.
Just before serving, put chopped lettuces in a large bowl.
Add celery, oranges, onions and almonds.
Shake dressing well and pour over salad.
Toss to mix and coat.

B L T SALAD

Serves 8-10

2 heads Romaine lettuce, washed, dried and torn into bite sized pieces
1 pint cherry tomatoes, cut in half lengthwise
1/2 lb. bacon fried crisp, crumbled, fat reserved
1/2 baguette, cut into cubes olive oil

Salt and pepper
½ c. mayonnaise
½ c. sour cream
1/4 c. red wine vinegar
1/4 c. chopped fresh herbs, chives, parsley, basil and thyme recommended
2 scallions, minced
1 t. garlic, minced
Salt and pepper

Place large skillet over medium heat add olive oil and a tablespoon of bacon grease to pan. Allow to heat up. Add bread cubes and toss until golden and lightly crispy. Salt and pepper and set aside. Prepare dressing, in a bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients and 2 T. of bacon grease, taste, add salt and pepper as needed.

Toss dressing with lettuce, arrange on plates, top with tomatoes, croutons and crumbled bacon. Serve.

Whoooooweee.

I got it figured out, boys and girls. Mama doesn't really like to cook. She just loves to type recipes. :D

Seriously, that's a heck of a list. Gonna keep us all busy for awhile.

Yes mama can type like nobodies business! Thanks for all the great recipes WOW!!! I am anxiously awaiting the veggies from the garden, as I still have to try all the great veggie recipes she posted a while back when I put out my veggie S.O.S.:)
Thanks MamaM!

I've got tons of recipes that I still haven't even categorized yet in the computer. My library not only runneth over - but has taken over completely - but I need more! LOL Keeps me busy and out of trouble (sometimes). I've got 3 computers packed with recipes - so I do have a lot to share. Unfortunately - I do cook and bake - and I have the hands to prove it.

But I love my kitchen and I love playing in the kitchen. And I love to make tablecloths with matching napkins, runners, etc. for special occasions, holidays, etc. And I love to make kitchen curtains and all the neat little things that go in the kitchen. Towel toppers, pot holders, you name it.

Sew it, crochet it, knit it, make my own pattern, follow anothers pattern, incorporate several patterns - anything - just do it. And don't forget to make yourself all types of aprons! Every style and color you can think of.

NO I am not as bad as that dip on TV - Sandra Lee! My kitchen matches and looks nice - I don't dress to match it! I swear if that woman did any actual cooking she wouldn't know where to begin!

(bad Mama - bashing someone who hasn't grown up yet!)

LOL

:D Mama you crack me up!!!- now I remember reading here somewhere that you love chickens and strawberries in your kitchen decor, have you sewed an apron with a rooster or chicken pattern? If so when you post your photo you must wear it!

I bought a Singer sewing machine here a while back, but I am so disappointed to realize that with the cost of material I am better off buying my clothes. But curtains I did make and saved a bundle on.

My Singer died after all these years - so I found a new one. Love it! I'm going to make draperies for my bedroom, then I'll do the kitchen and continue from there.

Yes - I love chickens and strawberries - yes I have aprons - and get this - I even have a quilted bedspread (I purchased - I did not make it) that is all strawberries and strawberry blossoms! It actually matches one of my large serving platters!

So I can fix a dish of goodies - cannoi, gnocchi, Italian cookies, meatballs - fill my serving platter and lay on the bed and enjoy it! LOL

It was so funny when I found that spread - I just had to buy it. I made white ruffled curtains with white tie backs and I made red plain curtains under them - and it really looked so nice! I had a strawbery bank on my nightstand - berry nice!!! LOL

When I get my new puter and one of those new-fangled gizmo type cameras (cripe I sound like Granny from the Beverly Hillbillies!) I'll get some pics.

My Singer died after all these years - so I found a new one. Love it! I'm going to make draperies for my bedroom, then I'll do the kitchen and continue from there.

Yes - I love chickens and strawberries - yes I have aprons - and get this - I even have a quilted bedspread (I purchased - I did not make it) that is all strawberries and strawberry blossoms! It actually matches one of my large serving platters!

So I can fix a dish of goodies - cannoi, gnocchi, Italian cookies, meatballs - fill my serving platter and lay on the bed and enjoy it! LOL

It was so funny when I found that spread - I just had to buy it. I made white ruffled curtains with white tie backs and I made red plain curtains under them - and it really looked so nice! I had a strawberry bank on my nightstand - berry nice!!! LOL

When I get my new puter and one of those new-fangled gizmo type cameras (cripe I sound like Granny from the Beverly Hillbillies!) I'll get some pics.

Try this mixture on your burgers:

1 tsp horseradish
4 tbls Mayonnaise
1 tsp catsup
1 tbls diced dill pickle
1 tbls diced sweet onion

Combine.

Burgers:
1 pound good quality bulk pork breakfast sausage-preferably sage
1/2 pound ground ham
3 tablespoons snipped chives
1 egg, slightly beaten
2/3 cups soft bread crumbs
Black pepper to taste
2/3 cup chopped pecans
2 teaspoons Worcestershire

French-Toasted Bread:
12 slices French or sourdough bread, 1" thick
2 eggs, beaten
2/3 cup milk
Salt, pepper to taste
1 teaspoon Worcestershire

Cranberry Orange Mustard:
1/4 cup finely chopped dried cranberries
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons snipped chives
2 tablespoons chopped pecans
1/4 cup orange marmalade
1 teaspoon grated orange rind

To Serve:
2 Granny Smith apples, pared, cored and sliced into 1/4" slices
3 tablespoons orange juice
1/4 pound cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
Fresh chives

For Burgers: lightly mix burger ingredients together and shape into 6 oval burgers. Grill over hot coals until cooked through.

For French-toasted Bread: Slice bread. With a fork, mix the eggs, salt, pepper, milk and Worcestershire. Dip bread in mixture and grill on grill sprayed with cooking spray until toasted on one side. Grill until golden.

For Cranberry Orange Mustard: mix ingredients together, set aside until needed.

To Serve: Brush apple slices with orange juice and grill until just tender. For each serving, place a slice of French toast, add a burger, 2-3 apple slices, 1-2 slices cheddar cheese, a dollop of the cranberry mustard and a few blades of chives. Lean the remaining slice against the stack.

Optional serving suggestion: garnish plate with thin slices of melon and a sprinkling of fresh berries. Serves 6.

BREW BURGERS
Yield: 4 servings

1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1 large sweet onion, 1/2-inch slices
4 (1 ounce) slices Swiss cheese
4 crusty white or whole wheat rolls, split
Lettuce

Brew Sauce:
1/4 cup Heinz 57 sauce
1/4 cup beer

In 1-cup glass measure, combine sauce ingredients. Microwave on HIGH
for 1 1/2 minutes until bubbly; set aside. Shape ground beef into
four 3/4-inch thick patties. Place onion slices on grid over medium,
ash-covered coals. Grill onions, uncovered, 5 minutes. Add patties;
continue to grill, uncovered, for 13 to 15 minutes or until onions
are tender and burger centers are no longer pink, turning
occasionally. Season burgers with salt after turning, if desired.

About 2 minutes before burgers are done, brush generously with Brew
Sauce; top with cheese. Line bottom half of each roll with lettuce.
Top each burger with grilled onion and Brew Sauce. Close sandwiches.

Add a splash of hot sauce to the brew sauce, if desired.

Barbecued Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp

9 thin slices of lean hickory-smoked bacon (about 1/2 pound)
2 teaspoons imported sweet paprika - sweet is key
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper-vary according to who is served and their tolerance
1/2 tsp curry powder
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper - needs to be fresh and finely ground
1 tablespoon olive oil - virgin
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
18 jumbo shrimp (2 pounds) shelled and deveined - 10-12 count per pound will be OK, but not smaller

1. Cut the slices of bacon in half, partially cook the bacon over moderate heat to render some of the fat without allowing the pieces to crisp, about 1 minutes on each side. Remove the slices as they are done and drain on paper towels.

2. Combine the paprika, curry powder, cumin, coriander, salt and black pepper; stir in the olive oil and lemon juice. Add the shrimp. Toss well to coat; let marinade at room temperature for at least 30 to 60 minutes. I've also let marinate in refrigerator several hours.

3. A charcoal fire is good, but you can use a gas-powered unit. Fire it up now to warm up. Remove the shrimp from the marinade reserving the marinade. Wrap a slice of bacon around each shrimp and secure with a toothpick to hold both ends of the bacon. Toss in the marinade to coat.

4. Set a grill rack about 5 inches from the heat for 5 minutes. Put all the shrimp on the grill and brush half the remaining marinade over them. Grill for 4 minutes; turn, brush with the remaining marinade and grill for about 4 more minutes longer, or until the shrimp are just opaque throughout. Serve hot or warm.
GRILLED PINEAPPLE BACON SHRIMP KEBABS

1/2 C. soy sauce
1/2 C. pineapple juice
2 T. brown sugar
1/2 tsp. fresh ginger, chopped
Pinch of crushed chiles
1 T. cornstarch
1 T. cold water
10 extra-large shrimp, peeled and cleaned
1/2 ripe pineapple, cubed
2 slices bacon, blanched for 2 minutes and cut into inch-long pieces
2 bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes

Place the first 5 ingredients in a small saucepan and cook over
medium heat for 10 minutes. Slowly add the water-cornstarch
mixture and cook for 1 1/2 minutes, stirring continuously. Remove
from heat and set aside.

Alternate the shrimp, bacon, and pineapple on each skewer. Place
the skewers on the barbecue and cook for 3-4 minutes per side, or
cook in a saute pan over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes per
side.

Place the skewers on serving plates and top with sauce.

Barbecued Cornish Hens

3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon seasoned salt
1/2 cup oil
1 cup fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup Italian salad dressing
1/2 cup chopped onions
pepper to taste
1 teaspoon crushed thyme
4 rock cornish hens, giblets removed

Blend garlic, seasoned salt, oil, lemon juice, dressing, onions, pepper, and thyme. Marinate the birds overnight in the refrigerator. Cut the birds lengthwise. Cook on barbecue grill bone side down 10 minutes, flesh side down 5 minutes, alternating 10 minutes and 5 minutes in this manner for about an hour and basting with marinade frequently while cooking. Serves 8.

Country Green Beans

1 lb. fresh green beans, trimmed
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped fully cooked ham
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1/4 cup water
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper

In a medium saucepan, combine all ingredients. Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until beans are tender.

Better Burgers

1 Lb. Hamburger or turkey burger
3 Tbsp. Horseradish
3 Tbsp. Softened cream cheese
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste

Make a thin burger. Make well in center, then place creamed cheese and horseradish creamed together. Make another thin burger, place on top and seal around edges and barbecue. You can add sauteed onions and peppers in the mixture.

use this for whatever -

1/2 cup sour cream
1/3 cup ketchup
1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped green chiles
1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro

Stir together all ingredients. Cover and chill until ready to serve.

1 cup

Use on burgers, or as a dip for veggies, tostitos

You described everything to a T! I could just picture you on that quilt lounging back, feet resting on a nice plump pillow, eating delacasies off the matching platter! ;) And the curtains sound georgeous!

You know of late I have been getting this interest in quilts, that I have never had in my life. I do not know why, maybe it is the new sewing machine calling out to me! I do crochet, but it takes me forever and a year to finish anything these days! And sewing a quilt I could get the fiance involoved in helping me with that one, he is a good seamstress! Funny to see this big burly guy with a needle in hand mending, but he does! I am glad too!

Mama I love anything with horseradish, thank you for the sauce recipe!

Cathy

Back