What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What does everyone look like?

jglass

As I get to know you guys I wonder what you all look like.
This is a pic of Jon and I by our Christmas tree. Its a couple of years old but with him being blind I dont get the opportunity to get pics of me to often ;) Besides the fact I hate having my pic taken.

How about sharing you pics?

Last edited:
Can't help you, Janie. I don't use a digital camera. And wouldn't know how to download the pix if I did.

You just can't do hi-teck with a low tech mind.

View attachment 40

Hi there Jg, I like the photo of you & Jon. I guess I am curious from time to time, but never really give much thought to how we all look. I never envisioned that you would have really dark hair:) You are a beautiful couple!

Well I only have a few of me on the computer but will send this one and hope it turns out OK, the snap shot's not quite 2 yrs. old!

Cathy

P.S. By the way I got my hair cut short a few weeks back so it's not that long anymore LOL!

Last edited:
Thanks JG! Well I got my co-employee to show me how to incorporate photos into a post, he is so computer saavy! Of-course he is of that generation that grew up on these things!!! I never learned to use one until I was 34 yrs. old and that was a whole 17 yrs ago :eek: Boy is time flying by!!!

Dont I know it..seems like yesterday I was in my 20's and now I am 38.
Thanks for sharing your picture.

Thank you, and enjoy your 30's they are some of the best years of our life health wise! I am blessed in that I am still very healthy, it's just I notice a few more aches and pains where I never had them before ie:knees, wrist, etc....Oh well.......maturity! BLAHHHH

Im noticing those aches and pains already.
Poor Jon has so much metal in him from the car wreck when he lost his sight. He can def tell when the rain is on its way. I always ask him if wants the tylenol or the wd40. He has metal in his jaw, hip and knee.

Uh, oh. My secret is out. The only reason I hang out at SpicePlace is cuz I'm surrounded by gorgeous women.

Chauvinistic of me, I know. But what the heck.....

;) yep, KYH knows THIS IS a great forum;)

JG, I can certainly feel for you hubby. I might mention this turmeric supplement I am taking along with a few other vitamins they seem to be helping. If you think he'd be interested give me a holler and I will let you know what I am taking that's helping!

Can't help you, Janie. I don't use a digital camera. And wouldn't know how to download the pix if I did.

You just can't do hi-teck with a low tech mind.

Thats to bad. Dont feel bad about not knowing how to do the pic thing though. I know lots of people who dont. A low tech mind in an author..I very much doubt it. ;)

;) yep, KYH knows THIS IS a great forum;)

JG, I can certainly feel for you hubby. I might mention this turmeric supplement I am taking along with a few other vitamins they seem to be helping. If you think he'd be interested give me a holler and I will let you know what I am taking that's helping!

He started that Glucosamine Chondroitin about a month ago and says its helping some but I would love any thing you know that he could try. His Dad has horrible arthritis is one knee and would be up for trying anything.

>KYH knows THIS IS a great forum<

What was that, Cathy? Did you say great harum? ;)

"A low tech mind in an author......."

Just for the record, Janie, I am not an author. I'm a writer.

The difference:

Authors desire recognition.
Writers desire to be paid.

Point two: Why would you assume that somebody whose skill is with words would be knowledgeable about high tech stuff? Take me: I envision an electron as being something about the size and shape of a small pea. Given that, how could I ever understand something like computers, and cell phones, and blackberries (whateverthehell they are).

Fact is, the 12 on the VCR keep flashing until one of the kids comes home for a visit.

I do know how the TV works, though: Magic!!

"A low tech mind in an author......."

Just for the record, Janie, I am not an author. I'm a writer.

The difference:

Authors desire recognition.
Writers desire to be paid.

Point two: Why would you assume that somebody whose skill is with words would be knowledgeable about high tech stuff? Take me: I envision an electron as being something about the size and shape of a small pea. Given that, how could I ever understand something like computers, and cell phones, and blackberries (whateverthehell they are).

Fact is, the 12 on the VCR keep flashing until one of the kids comes home for a visit.

I do know how the TV works, though: Magic!!

You are obviously a smart man. You only lack experience with computers. With time and a little instruction you would be able to do anything you want with them. We fix up old computers and give them to people and occasionally get people who think they could never learn to do anything with the computer. They can and did and so could you.

You miss the point, Janie.

It isn't lack of experience---I've played with computers since the days when a mainframe took up an entire room (anything you want to know about bending, spindling, and mutilating?).

What it is is lack of desire. I'm just not interested enough to pursue it. And our dependency on all things electronic reall scares the bejesus out of me. People don't know how to do anything for themselves, anymore.

It's not an accident that I spend more time in the 18th century then in this one.

Hi guys,

I see you guys have been busy discussing "technology" while I was on the road!!! I'll leave that subject alone! Except to say my 8yr old is too computer savvy for my likes!

I know it's the anonimity thing why folks won't post their "mugs". but heck we take chances every day we drive on the road, or place an order on e-bay! So I guess it's that holding folks back JG or the same disease KYH and I have; lack of desire to learn all this techno stuff!

I love it KYH the way you wait til the kids come visit to get the darn DVD player clock set:) I am the same way sad to say:eek: Never even owned a cellie til my fiance' decided I need one, said it was so he can 2-way me!!! Why hell I told him just buy some walkie-talkies it;s cheaper! But he insisted and got me one for Christmas. Gosh!!!

Going to do some great eating while we are here! Love Vacation! And seeing family!!!!

Well gotta get going, Cathy

Back