What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weekday Breakfast

T

TaterTot

During the week, I cannot make the elaborate breakfasts I have on the weekends. Sounds familiar to anyone yet? Most days, I pick up some cereal and drink coffee on the way to work. What do you all eat? With the cereal I try to eat as healthy as possible. Cereals with a purpose.

Hi there Tatertot!!!

Well breakfast with me is a hit or miss thing. I get into days where I eat it before I get to work, then days where I eat after I arrive. My breakfasts range from oatmeal to toast to bacon and eggs all the way to leftover chili (my very favorite) And I do try and be health minded like you mentioned. I love breakfast, but do not find myself hungry in the morning alot of the time. By 10 AM then I am ready to eat!:)

Cathy

I'm not much of a breakfast person. Never could understand how anyone can eat on an empty stomach.

I've got to have a couple of cups of java and be up and around a bit. It's usually not until about 10:30 or so that I eat anything, and then it's sort of a poor-man's brunch, cuz I don't eat again until dinner.

Well, snacks. But no real meals.

YES COFFEE, NOW THAT'S THE MAGIC WORD!!!!! I HAVE MY COFFE AND I FEEL SATISFIED AND I DO BELIEVE THAT IS WHAT DIMINISHES MY APETITE. MORNING IS SIMPLY SYNONOMOUS WITH COFFEE!!! I GUESS I COULD SUM IT UP AS SIMLPY AS THIS: COFFEE IS MY BREAKFAST:eek: AND WELL THAT'S NOT SUCH A NOURISHING MEAL, BUT HEY THEY CLAIM COFFEE HAS ANTI-OXIDANTS IN IT! SO WHAT THE HEY---I CAN LIKE MY COFFEE AND DRINK IT TOO!

One more thing we have in common. I want my coffee and time to wake up. Atleast a couple of hours before I eat anything. Jon on the other hand is Mr. Perky when he wakes up and wants food as soon as his feet hit the floor. I HATE that.:eek:

Coffee, yes it is amazing. I think what would help is something light to eat. Nothing big like eggs and bacon, but a small bowl of cereal even if it's eaten dry. LiveActive makes some cereals that are perfect for this. Light and beneficial for the day. You should really check it out.

Back