What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone taken a ride on a zipline??

shipscook

Thinking about doing it this weekend?

Got to start hanging out with people my age I guess. Actually been planing to do this for sometime, had dinner last night with a couple of young ladies (former shipmates) visiting in town. Pretty much have me talked into it.
Have no problem with heights.

It has a system of footbridges, platforms, and the ziplines-- here is website-

http://www.alaskacanopy.com/#

Wheeeeeeee,
Nan

Hi Nan,

I hope you have a blast!!! I have never experienced that, but I hope one day I will if I don't panic and back-out;) Thanks for the info & website!

But why hang out with folks only your age:confused:, heck I like young folks and all the energy they have!!!! It's like maybe I am immature or something but I really do not notice much difference in age:eek:!!! Maybe it's cause I am raising an 8 yr. old and have to remain youthful for her. But; I know a few weekends ago we took her to a carnival and while she was the little brave soldier got on every ride imagineable, I stood there frozen stiff and refused to budge, all I could think of was "if I ride that, I will be one hurting puppy tomorrow"!!!:mad: There's the difference between when I was a kid and now:(

But you'll do fine. Don't forget your camera & I wanna see photos!!!!

Cathy

Go for it, Nan!

It's an incredible experience. And perfectly safe. Only way you can get hurt is if the whole system collapses.

As to age, the cliche is true: you're only as old as you think. The last time Friend Wife and I went on a multi-day wagon trip on the Oregon Trail there was a couple from Texas in the group. 81 years old each. And the youngest people on the trek, in terms of spirit.

They'd just come down from New Mexico, where they'd been hot air balooning. And she told me she was looking forward to sky diving.

Each to his own, of course. And the very idea of stepping out of a perfectly functioning aircraft leaves me cold. But the point is, they were 81 going on 16.

Hey! How can you do the zipline thing? Ain't you about to set sail?

Well, job had been postponed to June 21 for departure,

vessel was supposed to go into dry dock Tuesday, now scheduled for the
9th. Actualy this sort of thing is pretty routine.

Really bad thing is the Captain went into hospital for a routine procedure two weeks ago Tuesday. Don't have details, but something is wrong, he is on a ventilator and apparently pretty heavily sedated. I am getting message from my office. Waiting to hear something from ship's owners. Trying to be patient and not call, but really a worry.

Whoops, sorry to digress, it is just really on my mind. I don't know this dude really well, but seems I have so many friends with problems.

Speaking of age, know what you mean--I have friends from 20's to 80's. Mary Lou and Bob who I met in Italy in '98, were them 78 and 80. Last year Bob e-mailed me they were going to have to cancel a trip from Greenland up to Baffin Island. Mary Lou is having a bit of arthritis and wasn't feeling too confident of getting in and out of a Zodiac!! Have a couple of other friends like that, so very cool!! My buddy Donna who I went to China with in 04 is 78.

Thanks for your opinion on zipline,
Nan

Back