What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Magnets on your refrigerator? Favorites?

:eek: We have so many on our fridge I won't even waste my time counting them. But my favorite ones are from family members and friends, and from neat places we have visited, my favorite we picked up at a winery it says:

I love to cook with wine......sometimes I even put it in the food.:D

Come on fess up I watch HGTV and every home they go in where common folks live I always notice the fridge is covered up with crap. But it's our crap and it's sentimental and no one I know can break the habit of pasting stuff up on their fridge with magnets. Tell me what some of your favorites are?

Is my fridge covered up with stuff? You betcha! But I've never considered magnets the art form many people think of them as. In fact, most of our are magnetic spring clips I buy at the hardware store.

A friend of ours has one I like that echoes her bumper sticker. It says, "I have PMS and a handgun. Any questions?"

:D Love that bumper sticker it's funny!

KYH I've got a slew of the magnetic clip ones as I receive them from different Insurance Companies that we write policies with. They usually wind up on opened bags of chips, rice, etc. and so disappear from the fridge for long periods of time. But I am convienced they are very practical and I am partial to practical as you must be as well! Hummm there is an idea brewing in my head.....decorate the clips with little sayings just like the magnets! After all mine have Ins. Co. slogans printed on them!

Here's a slogan that us foodies ought always to display:
"Of all the places I serve my guests it seems they like my kitcehn best"!

There was one saying posted in a kitchen that I hated it said:
"Good Kissin' don't last, good cookin' do". I just hate that philosophy:(
It ought to read instead: "Good Kissin', Good Cookin', got the best right here in my own kitchen!" ;)

Cathy, that kissn' don't last saying is attributed to the Amish. Whether or not that's true depondent sayeth not.

The problem with artistic magnets, or those with sayings, for me, is that there's so much on the fridge that, most of the time, the magnets actually are covered by something hanging above them. In short, you can't see the forest for the trees.

For foodie slogans, though, if I were using them, I'd have one that would say: "It would surely be a terrible thing to die of low cholesterol."

If any of our northern members need that explained, I'll be glad to do so. :D

I have a few magnets but alot of family pics on the fridge.
My niece gets a giggle out of seeing her pics on my fridge.

"It would surely be a terrible thing to die of low cholesterol."

I love this, it cracked me up KYH!

Janie, it's must be universal, photos are a main-stay of some of the stuff I hang up on the fridge! It just seems natural doesn't it:)

I am 100% convienced that we do this beacuse of all the time we spend in our kitchens. It is funny that we didn't wind up plastering all these things on any other surface of our homes interior!

Did you ever see the bumper sticker that says All Men Are Idiots..I should know because I married their king. Sorry to the men but that one made me laugh.

mine is sort of a filing cabinet---

since I am away for months at a time, I have notes about those bills that only come once a year there, and receipts to remind about them.
Like KY, lots of clips with special photos, postcards, etc.
Will see if this gets beeped-- my favorite bumper sticker was on a lady's Harley--"My inner child is a mean little f***er".

Nan

Dunno if I have a favorite one, but I can tell you my least favorite one..

It is the one that comes attached to the side of a computer that someone drops off to me because they don't understand why it doesn't work anymore.. Seriously, this has happened more than once..

Let me just state it here: DO NOT put magnets on your PC!

Jafo most excellent advice, also please do not let your children place them onto your television screen. I told my sons about not doing this one time only to find they had to "Experiement" and try it "just in the corner Momma!!!" well you know the rest of the story....
back then it was not illegal to swat a kid on his backside!!! Nan it wasn't the "mean little F*@#er Inner child" that made me do it either!!!

Parenthood!!!!

Ooh, ooh, I love it, Nan.

Of course, them Harley pushers is a breed unto themselves.

I'm a total QUOTE-FREAK!

I dig quotes A LOT! I have two magnets on my fridge door that read:

1.) "How beautiful it is to do nothing, and then REST afterwards!" -Spanish Proverb

...and 2.) "You can never keep the birds of sorrow from flying overhead- but you can prevent them from nesting in your hair." -Chinese Proverb

My sister made me a framed primative stitching that I cherish & it hangs in my kitchen- it reads: "If one wishes to make an apple pie truly from scratch- first he must invent the universe." -Carl Sagan

Finally, my current THREE favorite quotes are:

1.) "Isn't it wonderful that no one need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world?" -Anne Frank

2.) "Live life that when you die even the undertaker is sorry." -Mark Twain

3.) "One can never hold light to another's path without brightening their own." -Eleanor Roosevelt

Persistence

This one hangs on our fridge:

"In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the stream always wins; not through strenght, but through persistence."

There was a daily calendar that Eddie picked up at one of his many stops it had daily quotes we read one each A.M. as we waited on our coffee to drip, it was a nice way to start each day.

There is a radio station that we pickup from Chatanooga, TN that has an evening show by: John Tesh (the pianist) he always gives neat little quotes and inspiring or at least thought provoking antedotes. The show is called simply "The John Tesh Show." It is a nice way to end the day, just lay back and listen!

None of our magnets have quotes. They are all from places we have been. We have one from the Smithsonian, several from Art exhibits which came to Columbus, we also have magnets from various vacations Chicago, Alcapulco, Dresdin, Saltzburg, the Grand Canyon etc. I love looking at them. They remind us of good times.

I have a magnet on my fridge that has a wine bottle and vines on it and it reads: Life is Too Short To Drink Bad Wine. I have another magnet that reads: Let Love be it's Greatest Aim.
I have a Big Heart someone gave me years ago that reads: Love One Another ~
Cookie :)

Last edited:
I am not religious by nature and find myself uncomfy in churches (one of my FAV funny sayings is the one about "sweatin' like a whore in church!" Ha!)- though I do have deep personal faith that I tend to keep private. Never been one to wear my faith on my sleeve, I guess.

My Dad is married to a staunch Baptist, though. And Dolores is a dear woman.

I have chef-art and lotsa grapes all over my kitchen and she bought me a fridge magnet that's a bit preachy for my taste- but I do like it.

It's a cluster of grapes & vines, and it displays John 15:5: "I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit."

Last edited:
I have a lot of magnets on my fridge too but none with quotes. I do have a wooden cow (that a friend made for me years ago ) that sits on my bar and has a sign around her neck with the quote "Kitchen Closed...This Heifer is gone ! " lol

Back