What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

o.k., we learned about church keys--why

My educated guess without looking it up is: it is a dish that a monkey would normally enjoy eating and likes alot, it also includes bananas---like banana pudding, or banana bread or banana's foster!!! LOL

Ok here I go to look it up.................be back soon!

OK Nan got it----sort of!!!

A great web-site is FoodReference.com to look up interesting and unusual facts!

They really do not know for sure but the one I liked is: Royalty used to use small portions of their food to feed to a monkey first to check and see if the food had poision in it: thus a monkey dish!!!

I personally think a monkey would be too smart to injest poision:D:p:D

A great idea just hit me!

We could let our pet monkey taste test our store bought tomatoes! :eek:
Then we:....Wait a day if he dies or gets nausty diarrehea then we just take our monkeys doctor bill and our grocery receipt to the nearest lawyer and sue the hell out of the *+!@$%* that sold us those tomatoes!!!:mad:

:pThat'll teach 'em to sell tainted tomatoes:p

Then when folks ask how you got rich you can just tell them the old monkey and tomato story:rolleyes: and take 'em for a ride in your limosine that has a "solid-24 Kt gold monkey holding a tomato in it's paw hood ornament"! Pretty groovy huh:D

A great web-site is FoodReference.com to look up interesting and unusual facts!

They really do not know for sure but the one I liked is: Royalty used to use small portions of their food to feed to a monkey first to check and see if the food had poision in it: thus a monkey dish!!!

I personally think a monkey would be too smart to injest poision:D:p:D

Interesting site, thanks!! and, that is the most logical explanation I have heard.
thanks Cathy,
Nan

Back