What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chipotle Sauce

Mama Mangia

Super Moderator
Chipotle Sauce

2 chipotle chiles
2 slices bacon, finely cut up
1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
3 cup tomatoes, finely chopped
1 cup beef broth
1/4 cup carrot, finely chopped
1/4 cup celery, finely chopped
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, snipped/minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper

You can make this sauce as hot as you want by adding up to a total of 4
dried chipotle chiles. Cover chilies with warm water. Let stand until
softened, about 1 hour.

Drain and finely chop. Cook and stir bacon and onion in a 2-quart saucepan until bacon is crisp; stir in chilies and remaining ingredients.

Makes about 4 cups sauce.

Cathy - it's a sauce/condiment - good for anything you want and if I know you - you will find many uses for it! I'd use it on tortillas, burritos, in wraps, mix with salsa and top taters (remember - I have to watch the hot foods!), top a burger, add to a hotdog relish, etc. Add a splash to anything as you would a tabasco sauce........mix in burger meat......

Great Mama I will def. have to make some of this, thanks for sharing!
I am sorry you can not eat hot foods, I know you must miss it. Are you OK to eat spicy foods as long as there is no heat? I had colitis as a teenager and had to eat bland foods only; YUCK!!! I outgrew it as soon as I had my 1st child, wonders never cease! And I thank God, as I love spicy food the spicier the better!

You enjoy - this old tummy ain't what it used to be! Sometimes I can do the heat and spices - sometimes I can't. I do enjoy something hot and wild once in a while. Just not as often as I used to.

But you can enjoy it for me!

This sounds really good. Its a shame I forgot to get the canned chipotles at Wal Mart the other day. :(

Sounds amazing! I have to find some Chipotle chilies now. Thanks for the recipe!

Back