What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The New Place

Jafo232

Well, it looks as if the house is practically a done deal. We hope to close at the end of the month. Still keeping our fingers crossed, but at this point, everything is in place except a couple I's being dotted..

Here are some pics:

This is the front of the house showing the front deck.
00681a4b-7dc1-4cd0-95c2-0cb0c5f0c6b5.JPG

The back showing the deck off of the master bedroom and a little of the deck by the pool (right)
937daa65-1880-49f7-9d99-5dd94639e745.JPG

Garage
f987154b-0a43-4654-bb35-5b6160ba06f6.JPG

Kitchen area
000_0099.jpg

Living room
000_0100.jpg

Fireplace in the dining room (used to be a living room before addition)
000_0104.jpg

Back of the house again, with deck (no, the house isn't crooked, I am just a horrible photographer)
000_0108.jpg

Back again, with a shot of the pool
000_0109.jpg

Pool from the living room, mmm green poool....
000_0103.jpg

The yard/pool needs some work as nobody has really lived there much in the last two years and the owner lives a state away now. There are a lot of little projects that need to be done, but nothing that would require more than hammer, saw, nails and wheelbarrow.

".....but nothing that would require more than hammer, saw, nails and wheelbarrow."

Hmmmmph! Ain't you ever owned a house before? There's always something that requires a major investment in power tools, six trips to the hardware strore, and something else to do before you can do what you set out to do.

But that's the joy of owning a home. It looks terrific, and I hope you enjoy many long years it it.

And I second Cathy's motion. I'll even do the cooking if we can eat in that living room.

Here is a shot from above:

sargent road, boonville new york - Google Maps

The black shadowy thing in the background is actually part of the Black River Canal system.

Here is a pic of the tow path that runs along side the canal, which is basically just a walking/biking path now (with an entrance right in the backyard):
DSCe.JPG-thumb_140_105.jpg

You brought up a great point, and that is entertaining.. It will be nice to finally have a place big enough to have over more than just 3-4 people at a clip. I would love to have a reunion any time. :)

The house is only about 20 years old, so no major maintenance yet. I would eventually like to change the front deck around a bit as it is a little awkward for myself. Other than that, it is mostly just little stuff and that I like.. I don't want a home where everything is finished and there is nothing left to do.

And Jafo think of the garden you all will have and the canal to water it! It's all just so wonderful!!!

Those decks, and the fire place, and the hardwood paneling and the metal roof, oh my what a place, you guys are gonna' just love it!!!

One thing I know we are going to love and that is, no more waiting in line to use the washer and dryer..

Yeah, the canal will be a great water source for the garden, well, depending on where we put it.. I have a year to think that one over..

I have decided to leave my garden here to a couple tenants I am friendly with. They are salivating as it has really taken off. We have had the perfect amount of rainy days, and sunny days. I haven't had to water anything in about a month. Tomatoes are already on the vine (which is early here) and even some of the bell peppers are larger than acorns already.

Well, keep your fingers crossed that I never get a drop of veggies from my current garden this year... :)

Wow jafo,

I too get a kick out of rustic digs and your new place looks totally comfy & cozy! Be careful though- I too have a place in the woods and one must keep an eye out for the occasional hungry Sasquatch! (hee-hee!)

Well, they lied. We closed today.. :)

We are moving in Saturday. Will be offline from Sat until Monday when the Internet access will be hooked up. Will send pics as soon as I can. :)

Moving is always "fun", Jafo. Here's hoping it goes quickly and as flawlessly as possible! Once you're settled and have a chance to glance around at your new digs and catch your breath, all the hard work will be SO worth it! Best wishes and enjoy!

Well, it took two days to load the 26' Uhaul with friends and family giving us a hand. Also had to get a full size car carrier to tow behind for one of our cars.

A bunch of family met us here and we unloaded the thing in about 4 hours.

We got probably about 10 hours of sleep in three days and most definitely owe the kids something special as I personally bit their heads off numerous times as my patience began to run out due to fatigue.

The house is a lovely disaster right now with boxes all over the place. We are still very tired and have other concerns (i.e. work) but we are managing to get a bit done every day.

I hope to have some pics soon.

Tiredly yours,

Jafo

Jeff,

:D I can sure relate to the "bit their heads off" syndrome, and isn't moving a blast, NOT!!! But it's all uphill from here, just takes a while and before you know it you'll be all tucked in and cozy!!! It is worth all the headache in the long run, and you'll love it, I'm so happy for ya' all! And can't wait to see the pic's!

CONGRATS, Cathy

Back