What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Irony Of The Week

K

KYHeirloomer

Hey, did y'all hear that report?

Al Gore---poster child of the neo-conservation trend---increased his energy usage by more than 10% last year.

That does not include things like burning jet fuel to pick up an undeserved 1.6-million dollar prize, and then burning more to attend a meeting half-way around the world. We're are talking strictly about his personal and home-use energy figures.

Did I have a bad dream or did my Dad really tell me that there has been official, publicized talk of McCain asking Gore to be his VP running mate? I simply cannot imagine McCain asking- or Gore accepting!

Gore is a democrat and McCain is a republican. Gore would have to change partys and I don't see that happening.

What I don't understand about him is this: Why would anyone, Democrat or Republican, want to be represented by a whiney sore loser?

Could you imagine him in charge if the American team for his favorite sport lost an olympic competition? He'd demand six or eight redos. And then declare war on the country that won.

And just wait until the real geo-physicists enter the arena, and global warming is identified as the shuck it's always been. The man will probably break down and cry.

I gotta tell ya- as a moderate guy who's not all liberal or all conservative, and not to offend anyone here- Gore is someone I cannot admire like many on my liberal side do. I could stomach the man thru the Clinton years but that Florida re-count fiasco is when the bottom fell completely out of it for me. Much as what Brook seems to be describing- that whole attitude he exhibited during that several months-long process just sickened me and still affects how I view the man today. I frankly think the man feels he's far too important to be anyone's VP today (afterall- he's won and Oscar AND a Nobel Peace Prize!). To some (including himself), he really has admired elder-status and I honestly feel HE considers himself someone far too important to play second-fiddle to anyone other that God himself! (Jesus- step aside, please- your replacement has arrived!)

Sort Of On Topic

Well, all this talk about politics, and lo! My brother sent this this morning, and I thought it kind of fit this discussion:

BALANCE

God had been missing for six days. Eventually on the seventh day Michael,
the archangel, found him, resting.

He inquired, 'Where have you been?'

God smiled deeply and proudly pointed downwards through the clouds,'Look,
Michael. Look what I've made.'

Archangel Michael looked puzzled, and said, 'What is it?'

'It's a planet,' replied God, 'and I've put Life on it. I'm going to call it
Earth and it's going to be a place to test Balance.'

'Balance?' inquired Michael, 'I'm still confused.'

God explained, pointing to different parts of earth. 'Fo r example, northern
Europe will be a place of great opportunity and wealth, while southern
Europe is going to be poor. God continued pointing to different countries.
'This one will be extremely hot, while this one will be very cold and
covered in ice.' Balance in all things ..'

The Archangel , impressed by God's work, then pointed to a land area and
said, 'What's that one?'

'That's Washington State , the most glorious place on earth. There are
beautiful mountains, rivers and streams, lakes, forests, hills, and plains.
The people from Washington State are going to be handsome, modest,
intelligent, and humorous, and they are going to travel the world. They will
be extremely sociable, hardworking, high achieving and they will be known
throughout the world as diplomats, carriers of peace, and producers of
software.'

Michael gasped in wonder and admiration, but then asked, 'But what about
balance, God? You said there would be balance.'

God smiled, 'There is another Washington. Wait till you see the idiots I put
there.'

Back