What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Two-Part Question...

chubbyalaskagriz

1.) I love cold fried chicken, cold pizza and cold Thanksgiving cornbread dressing.... what hot foods do you like or prefer COLD? (I also prefer CAKE and BREAD PUDDING refrigerator-cold, rather than warm or at room-temp like many folks do.)

2.) What food do you wake up in the middle of the night craving a bite of? For me it's a spoon or two of ice-cream, or perhaps a sandwich if I ate too early before bedtime. (I used to eat peanut-butter toast or p.b. on saltines... but I cannot take peanut butter to bed in my belly anymore- gotta stop eating it long before I turn in, else it gives me terrible heartburn when I become horizontal- weird!)

Cold pizza is the breakfast of champions.

I'm always amazed at the number of people who can't recognize that culinary fact.

I'm like you, Chubbs, in that I eat an awful lot of "hot" foods right from the fridge. Sometimes it's a preference. But mostly it's pernicious laziness is all. The truth is, the flavor of many (most?) foods is denigrated by extreme cold. Which is why we serve so many of them hot or at room temperature.

I know that. And still much from the icebox. The microwave is sitting right there, donchaknow. But still.....

Love cold pasta of any kind, cold pizza, and frozen OJ right out of the can with a spoon.

Hot??? How about leftover salad (greens, tomatoes, etc. with dressing - oil/vinegar based) tossed in a skillet and wilted down - served on crusty bread?

Back