What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crock pots 3 in one or Programable crock pot

O

oatmealkookie1

I am in the market to purchase a new crockpot .. I have looked and read online reviews and would really like to hear from the forum their views... I am not sure what one is best the 3 in one crockpots or the programable ones that cook and then keeps your food warm to you get home from work ... Any input would be appreciated .. Kookie :)

Wish I could help, Kookie. But I'm not a fan of slow cookers, so don't keep up with their technology.

There are several members who are really big users of them, however. I'm sure you'll be hearing from them.

Hi OMK,

Go programmable, you will have less chance of food over-cooking! I do not own a programmable one but wish I did. I am fortunate in that my fiance is home and I can count on him to lower it, add veggies, ect... when I need him to. But if no one were home programmable would be my 1st choice!

I don't need a programmable one - I've got enough crockpots - and I only use them for certain things. I prefer to be able to watch it myself; add what I need, etc.

I'm too old to trust an electric pot to cook the way I want - and I sure don't trust anything plugged in like that when I am not home.

It's just the way I cook.

Thanks I was leanning toward the programable one ..I work and would like to leave it on all day while working and have dinner ready when we get home.....I am heading to the outlet malll to look at the programable ones now....

Well I purchased a programable one ... I am real excited I laid at the pool and read the instruction book along with a few recipes ...
I also found on the magazine rack a Taste of Home " Summer Slow Cooker " magazine first time I have ever seen it !! I was so excited lot of good ideas.... Just had to share my finds today !! Thank you for a ll your responses it was very helpful ...

Back