What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forum Moderator?

jglass

Does this forum have a moderator?

I am just curious because most forums have a moderator to monitor things.
I have been on forums before that were pretty strict about what was discussed.

Hi Janie,

Our moderator is Matt, he disappeared off the face of the earth er-r-r-r "forum" LOL, honestly we have not heard from him in a long time!

Hey, let's do something bad and see if he shows up??? hehehe

just kidding Matt, honest, please don't ban me, Cathy started it!

and I do respect moderators!!!!

Nan

Right now I am the only moderator for the site - but as it grows most likely Matt will have more.

This is a nice site - we get along - we're like a family. And we know what is right from wrong - so it's easy to moderate.

What is nice is the fact that there aren't thousands of members - we have a nice size and still room for more to add to our little family.

I'm still a newbie here and just wish to let everyone know what a good time I'm having- and just how welcome everyone makes me feel. I enjoy the comraderie and neighborliness... I feel welcomed to share my experiences, pick others' brains for their knowledge, and take part in the friendliness & familial banter that I find quite warm & cozy. I've spent time at other forums- and for more than one reason (weird bickering and drama), usually they left me wanting. So far, here, I'd say all my reasons & needs for seeking out a place like this, are well met! Thanks to all!

Well Mama, if you want to get really nasty we'll just whip out some four-letter words:

Home, love, care, kids.

Janie, on a serious note, the fact that you had to ask is one of the things that makes this forum so special.

On most such sites not only are there moderators, their presence is strongly felt. Or it's needed, and the moderators aren't doing their job.

Here we pretty much run ourselves. So far, everyone who's joined has understood what right behavior consists of.

Is that a matter of size, as Mama indicates? I have no idea. But I like it the way it is.

So, to paraphrase a certain movie line:

Moderators? We doan need no stinkin' moderators.

Ok everyone -

IT'S THE MAMA-RATOR! SO WATCH ALL THOSE 4-LETTER WORDS! LOL

'm not afraid to wash anyone's mouth out with soap or put some hot pepper on your tongue - although some of you would love that!

CAG - I am so glad you like it here - this site is better than those with all the members, bickering, etc. So welcome to the family! Oooohhhhhh - Mama's family!!!!

Hey KYH - you guys are stuck with Mama-rator for now. But my job is easy because we have such a good family here.

(you don't wanna see Mama chasing you around with the wooden spoon now do you?)

"....chasing you around with the wooden spoon...."

I dunno, Mama. Sounds a little kinky. But whatever trips yer tastebuds is fine with me. ;)

Hey Jafo -

talking about mama-rated -

they should let me rate the movies they make today - all mama-approved movies would be G, G, G, G - and possibly SOME PG. Absolutely NO dirty movies would be mama-approved!

LOL

Hey KYH -

you haven't lived until you "dodged" the L-O-N-G handled polenta making wooden spoon! I swear that dang thing could reach from room to room and out the door!

Learn to run fast and say novenas even faster!

Mama that reminds me of one time when Jon and I were shopping for stuff for my kitchen.
He asked if I wanted anything else and I said I just had to have one last thing.
I handed him a marble rolling pin lol. He eyes got bigger as he felt of it and when he realized what it was he said I could have it if he could drill a hole in the end and put in a whistle so he could hear it coming.

LOL!

I've got a good supply of "hubbie-bashing" things. I've got some really thick (in diamter) dowels that I use - I'm not too much into rolling pins - give me a piece of a tree and I can do it - LOL!

Rolling-Pins aren't hi-tech enuf for me... I prefer shock collars- w/ remote activators! One just has to be careful that the wearer of said collar is not standing in water when the jolt is inflicted!

exactly! and if one does it correctly and the shockee has recently bathed, instant barbecue-buffet! Ha! (okay- that was baaaddddddd!)

Back