What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello All!

H

Haley

I am actually pretty new to the online foodie world, but I am loving it more and more as I explore it everyday! A little bit about myself..... After recently graduating with a degree in Philosophy and Theology I had no clue what I wanted to do with it. Graduate school? No. Become a Teacher? No. I decided to explore my creative side (or "artsy fartsy" as my current boss calls it) by enrolling in culinary school. I begin at the end of September, and I could not be more excited!!

Right now I spend most of my time waiting tables, working for an online food blog company, and searching for an apartment I can afford (which should be considered a full time job!) I have always loved coming to Austin, so I am thrilled to be moving there.....if I can find a place. With the kitchen size of most of the apartments I've found, I don't know how much cooking I'll be able to do, but I will do my best!!

Hi, Haley,

Welcome to the group. I'm sure you'll like it here---a nice bunch of folks, with diverse culinary interests and skills. Don't hesitate to join right in. Add your comments to existing threads, or start a new one.

Philosophy and theology, huh? Well, as St. Anselm never said, "the existance of culinary school is that, than which........"

I've always loved Austin. Far as I'm concerned, it's the most vibrant, with-in city in Texas. And, of course, it's the gateway to the Hill Country.

Kitchen size should be no deterrent to cooking great meals. I'm in a mobile home, with a small 4-burner stove and no counter space to speak of. But I make do. Just takes a little planning, and utilizing space to its max.

Any foods you particularly like?

Hi Haley.
Welcome to the forum.
I have one of those tiny apartment kitchens. Like KYH says it just takes some planning and it always helps me alot to wash up as I go. When your cramped for space dirty dishes are really in the way.

Thanks for the spacial tips! I'm moving from a house with a pretty decent sized kitchen, so it makes me a bit sad. :(

A favorite food? Hmm... tough question. I like anything sweet of course, but right now I am really getting into Thai cuisine and Indian dishes. I attempted to make my own naan last night....needless to say, it was a failure. Oh well, next time.

It's only a failure, Haley, if you didn't learn something from the attempt.

The fact that it may not have come out quite right is irrelevent.

The other day, while making mini-brioche buns, I had a lot of dough left over. So tried making it in a totally different configuration. It didn't work out. But, because I was able to figure out why, I consider the experiment a success.

Hi Haley,

I was on vacation when you 1st joined us, and so I am just now finding your post and sending you a huge warm welcome!!!

We love to share and the more the merrier!!!

Plus you can ask all the questions you like, just don't exspect an answer from me LOL just foolin' ya'.

Cheers, CCCathy

P.S. I love your name, reminds me of a famous comet!

Howdy Haley- and welcome!

You're gonna feel good and cozy here right away... you made the right choice dropping by. Pull up a chair and make yourself at home- we're all tickled you arrived!

Wow- how exciting to log-on nearly daily to find new members!

Not to mention seeing your new avatars, Chubby. That's almost as good as greeting new members. :)

Back