What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We Loathe Lurkers

K

KYHeirloomer

Well, not really. But that got everyone's attention, didn't it.

We've just gone through a very good fortnight (how's that for proper use of the King's English) in terms of new members. Something like 8 or 10 people have joined our little family in that time.

Let me again wish all of you welcome.

What makes this forum different, perhaps better, than most is that we don't stand on ceremony in terms of how much experience you may have, or what your cooking interests may be. Everyone has something to contribute. That's our attitude. Maybe you're a raw beginner, just looking for guidance so you don't burn that pot of water. Or maybe your a veteran cook, with years of professional experience under your belt. Far as we're concerned, you're equal.

What I'm trying to say is that nobody's going to make fun of you, or think ill of you, if you are culinarily less sophisticated than others. That's not what we're about. We're about sharing information, and exchanging food experiences, and just having a good time with each other.

So let's hear from you newbies. Those who haven't already done so should really post something on the Introductions forum. And not be shy about joining on-going discussions, or starting new ones.

I also notice some older members (yeah, I'm talking to you, LouBear) have been checking in, but not posting. Have we done something to offend? If so, you know it was unintentional. This is the friendliest cooking forum on the web. Just ask any of the refugees from that dysfunctional site who have flocked here. Here, even when we disagree, we do it with courtesy and good humor. So, whatever we may have done, please forgive us and come on back. We miss you.

Brook I haven't even left SpicePlace and I really feel like coming back after reading that! What a beautiful sentiment you have expressed! It is my hope those who read it will take what KYH said in earnest and come back & join us once again!!!

Last edited:
Thanks Cathy. I meant every word of it.

I've never understood lurking. I mean, why join a group if you're not going to participate? Someday somebody is going to explain that to me.

Im afraid you guys are stuck with me.
I would love to hear more from the new members and meet more of the old ones.

Lurkers? I'm w/ you, Brook... Being a voyeur is only fun when the watchee suspects they're being watched! If you wanna lurk voyeuristically here, by definition first you must at least slyly announce your presence! Besides, some of we exhibitionists only put on our best shows when we know we have an audience! Hee-Hee!

But seriously- welcome to all. I'm one of the many folks who fled that other foodie forum due to some dusfunction there that I really grew uncomfortable with. Here? Everyone I've had the pleasure of associating with has been warm, accepting and genuine. If they had some nasty habits, an addiction or two, and smelled a bit I'd say they were just like family! So come on in, pull up a chair and help yourself to the pitcher of iced tea- we're glad you're here!

Anyway- my name's chubbyalaskagriz- what's yours?

Back