What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Howdy!

M

miseenplace

Hi everyone!
I found this place from my a Google alert!
I've all ready chimed in on a post defending my fav celebrity chef... Alton Brown! :)

I've been cooking for years. I started really cooking when I was about 11 or 12, can't remember for sure the exact age but I do remember getting my first cookbook around than and making stuff from it. I still have it!

I love cooking! I even wanted to go to culinary school... still do... maybe someday :)

Like I said earlier, my fav TV chef is Alton Brown. Even though I had been cooking (and watching cooking shows) for years before seeing Good Eats, watching Alton has helped me become a better cook since I now understand much, much more about food science. *I'll just dodge the rotten tomatoes from the non-Alton fans* ;)

Hi Miseenplace.
My name is Janie and I wanted to welcome you to the forum.
I love that you have jumped right into threads. Look forward to hearing more from you.

So, now let me officially make you welcome, Miseenplace.

And no rotten tomatoes. One thing that marks this group is it's friendliness, warmth, and openess to other ideas and concepts. Sometimes we may not take ourselves overly serious, but we are very serious about basic courtesy and mutual respect.

I know that sounds a little hokey. But several of us are refugees from a rather disfunctional list, where discourtesy, lack of respect, and flaming were the norm, and seemed to be encouraged by the administrators. So it was nice to find a home where that simply isn't tolerated.

Anyway, welcome to our little family. I hope you visit us often.

I hope I didn't break any board decorum earlier with my responses. I certainly want to be friendly and nice to everyone whether or not we agree. I really dislike forums where people are nasty.

Nah, no decorum was broken.

Last thing broken around here was when Cathy discovered how to make a cinnamon bed in a tagine. :D

Back