What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Butter Zucchini Bread

jglass

I made this tonight when I made the orange recipe I posted under the cake section. I made the orange for us and this one to take to my FIL. I used apple butter and the extra cinnamon and nutmeg. It came out wonderful.
I baked it in a 9x13 pan.

Mix:
3 eggs
2 c. sugar
1 c. apple butter OR apple sauce
2 c. grated Zucchini
1 tsp. vanilla
In another bowl mix:
3 c. flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
*IF you are using apple sauce and NOT apple butter than add
1/4 tsp nutmeg
2 tsp cinnamon

Add dry ingredients to wet and stir well. You can add 1/2 c. nuts if you want.
Add to 2 greased bread loaf pans and bake 325 for 1 hour.

Just as an aside, Janie. Because they freeze so well, quickbreads can be stockpiled as holiday gifts.

What we do is make them in mini-loaf pans. Then, come Christmas or whatever, one of them becomes part of a gift basket along with preserves and other canned goods.

Great sounding recipe Janie, and KYH you are so right about the gift item! Now that I have my food saver I am going to try that. Except I will want to be careful so as not to smoosh the bread down as it removes the air from the bag, guess when I see it has gotten to the correct stage I will just hit the seal button and that should work just fine!

Thanks again I also copied your other chocolate zucchini cake recipe that sounded good to. You sound like your a great cook and like to cook and try new things. I came to this form for some new recipe ideas. So thanks for sharing. Cookie :)

I tried this Apple Butter zucchini bread recipe tonight and it is really good. I made it with light apple sauce and walnuts and also added the cinnamon and nutmeg it is really delicious. Cookie :)

Thanks for the recipe. :) :) We love it. I'm going to share it the other loaf that is. Thanks your the best! Cookie :)

You have been a wonderful addition to the forum Cookie.
I have only been here a few months myself. Mama, Brook, Cathy, Jafo, Canman, Kevin and the others have taught me so much and made me feel welcomed from the start.

Back