What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Caramel Apple Jam

jglass

This taste like wonderful apple pie..not caramel apple.

Caramel Apple Jam

6 cups diced peeled apples (1/8 inch cubes)
1/2 cup water
1/2 tsp butter
1 package (1-3/4oz powdered fruit pectin)
3 cups sugar
2 cups brown sugar
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp groud nutmeg

1. In a large kettle, combine the apples, water and butter. Cook and stir over low heat til apples are soft.
2. Stir in pectin and bring to a rolling bowl, stirring constantly. Add the sugars, cinnamon and nutmeg and return to a rolling boil. Boil for one minute, stirring constantly.
3. Remove from heat and skim off any foam. Ladle hot jam into sterilized jars, leaving 1/4 in. headspace. Adjust caps. Process in water bath for 10 minutes.

Yield 7 half pints

I made a batch of this earlier today.
It was divine lol. I cut the three cups sugar back to two plus the brown sugar and it was still very sweet.
I love apple pie and this tasted like a warm delish apple pie. This recipe filled one quart jar and about 3/4 of another quart. Im out of 1/2 pint jars but I wanted to try the recipe before I went out and bought jars for it. Im def gonna pick up the jars now lol.

Last edited:
Im going to make more of it thats for sure.
Im keeping this one to myself. I already got in trouble with the pickles.
This recipe came from The Taste Of Home Cookbook I recently got from my bookclub.

Last edited:
I would not recommend cutting back on the sugar when using regular pectin. If you don't like that much sugar you should use a low or no sugar needed pectin and adjust the recipe according to the pectin box. The proportion of fruit, sugar and pectin is calculated to achieve a proper gel and to act as a preservative.

I'm surprised it actually gelled under the circumstances, especially processing in a quart jar.

Ok..next time I wont adjust the sugar.

I just went in there and uncapped the less filled jar.
It was gelled just fine.

Last edited:
I make a apple sweet roll, Using apple pie filling, I'd like to try using this recipe by spreading thinly no the pastry dough, roll it up and cut into 1" slice's, then baking. similar to a apple cinnamon roll.

Thanks for sharing
The pepperman

Back