What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My nieces

jglass

One is almost five and the other is a little over a year.
They were at the farmers market the other day and one of the vendors told their Mom she bet the kids wished the veggies she was buying was candy. About that time my niece Eveyln asked that same vendor where the broccoli was. She wanted her broccoli lol. Im very proud of those two for being such good veggie eaters. I had made asian green beans when they came by for dinner and both kids loved them. Its wonderful that they are so willing to try new flavors and usually they love them. A couple of little foodies in the making. I give my sister alot of credit for introducing them to a wide variety of veggies as soon as they are old enough.
My husbands nieces wont touch any veggies. Its kind of sad. They wont even try them. They are 14 and 10. I have been married to my husband for 10 years now and I never remember seeing those two eat a veggie.

Your Sis is doing a splendid job raising her kids, I am sorry for the other side of the fam.'s kids, they hopefully will outgrow that crap in their adult years and develop a taste for veggies once thay are more mature. But I doubt it! It is hard to imagine anyone missing out on eating vegetables, I have at least 2 at every evening meal and alot of the times at lunch too!

Cole emailed their neighbor was dropping off 2 dozen ears of corn to all of his friends. He brought them by two dozen lol. He said they had so much he was giving some away. She said Evelyn ate four ears by herself lol.
I wish the other kids would try other things but they will have none of it. They say Jon and his brother were as bad when they were kids. Jons not that way anymore but his brother is still very much like that. It was funny last Christmas when I roasted a pork loin with everything else. Jons bro told their Dad he wasnt eating roasted anything. I marinaded it in a 10 clove garlic marinade and made sure to set that one right in front of him at the table. I knew he loved garlic...he ate three huge slices lol. Their Dad had went to the trouble of buying a smaller loin and pan frying it for him. He never touched the fried.

Not to be negative and down on the poor guy but it sounds like your FIL has coddled his son. I would not buy then pan-fry a loin for anyone of my kids if they made one "STUPID-ASS" sarcastic remark like your Bro-in-Law did, they could go without for all I'd care!!! When kids behave that way they need to be ignored and let them "deal with it", not being babied and encouraged to continue in their "IDIOCY"!

Their Mom and Dad both cater to his brother and the two kids.
Always trying to make dishes for dinners for their particular tastes. This one will only eat that and this one only eats this... When we went to Jons Moms last time she had all kinds of food and veggies on the table and a bowl of pizza bites microwave things for the two kids.

My sympathies, janie! You're not the only one w/ severely-finicky family members. I've got a few too and it's total hell. Sometimes I just wanna scream- and normally I'm not the screamin' sort... so I feel for ya, hon- I really do! Hang in there!

Could you imagibe preparing a meal for your family and my inlaws lol. That would make a cook cry or kill for sure.

Back