What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

berakfast

sneha,

American Breakfasts can vary according to region and appetite.
Some eat simply light bread/toast or pastry and coffee.
Others eat pastry, fruit and yogurt.
Some enjoy cold or hot cereal.
Some eat rice and fish.
While still others enjoy excess and dine on eggs, omelets, bacon/ham/sausage, potatoes, pancakes, french toast, biscuits and gravy, breakfast burritos, etc.
May I ask- where is your location and what is a typical breakfast there?

I dunno, Mama. He did say:

"Others eat pastry"

And pizza qualifies as a savory pastry (or even a sweet one, according to Pizza Hut).

So even though he didn't specifically mention the world's best breakfast, it was sort of included. :D

Actually mama and Brook- PIZZA is what I MEANT when I said light toast, fruit and yogurt! And since those things are healthy- even a family-sized is practical... Hee-Hee!

Hey - let's get this straight - (LOL) - pizza is HEALTHY FOR YOU!

First of all - you have your dough - white, wheat, rye, whatever.
Then a light drizzle of olive oil - good for the heart.
Tomato-based sauce of some kind - healthy eating.
Herbs and spices.
Now - cheese, meatballs, Italian sausage, pepperoni, chicken, etc - all forms of protein.
Additional items such as mushrooms, onions and peppers - all good veggies.
Topped with anchoveis for Mama - and you got one heluva healthy meal!

LOL -

Mama

Along with the health benefits of beer, a perfect meal than none can object to.

By the way Patel do you live stateside or in India? And is cold beer something you drink in India?

Most of my Hindi friends are tea tottlers, and also vegetarian? Is that also true for you Patel?

Because if I were to do a vegetarian breakfast I would do a cheese quesadilla with salsa and hot sauce!!!!

Last edited:
Actual both. With the talk of "pastry", my vision of pizza was meat, sauce, cheese, topped with pastries (donuts, bear claws, Twinkies, etc.), covered in chocolate since it was breakfast.

Now back-up here CanMan I thought you were a health-food conscious kinda guy!!! That there pizza you're describing sounds like utterly & totally junk-food to me! And nutritious hardly, maybe the makings of a heartattack.

Now for a really yummy pizza for breakfast my baby Sister in Vermont makes a "Fruit Pizza" that is to die for and it is pretty as a picture too!!! Calls it dessert, but hey we be talkin' breakfast here and all so I figured it'd make a terrific Breakfast Pizza or maybe even a Brunch item! She rolls out a sugar cookie dough on her pizza pan, bakes the cookie, slathers a sweetened cream cheese filling on it then she begins laying individual fruits on top in single layer working from the middle of the pizza outwards. Like this: Slices of strawberries in the middle (or bulls eye area if you will) next slices of kiwi, then blueberries, then peach slices, then green grape slices, etc...until done covering the crust.

Now CanMan if you're really serious about your health at least try this route rather than that "somthered in chocolate thingie pizza"! LOL

What I put into this body does not stop one from from having fantasies. I did actually give up the pastries. The pizza is a whole 'nother story, especially when it is the next morning and those pieces will surely dry out and stale if not eaten promptly! :D

Wow I am relieved to hear that I was beginning to think that you were a horrible "Health-Food-Conscience-Back-Slidder" if there is such a word, hee-hee. I fall into the conscience objector category when it comes to health-food eating, if I don't I know what will happen I'll either become OCD in one direction or the other and I think by reamining neutral I strike a happier balance for me!

And CanMan that is a nice Avatar choice, it's you I presume? You are a nice looking man, it's neat to see what you look like! And how is that pet robot? I forgot did you name him, her, e-r-r-r it???

Official name is "Hero Jr", son of the original robot that was bigger and had a (useless) arm.

Yes, that is the real me. A couple years old now, but accurate. Thought I would scare people briefly and then go on to something better.

I don't involve myself with the "health-conscious" craze that ebbs & flows over time as if it had a life of its own. Though I'm waiting for the scientific study to finally prove that the McDonald Big Mac should be at the top of the food chain, I know what is healthy for me and I pay attention to the scientific research, especially since I've become heavily interested in preserving food.

Cool well I just hope Hero Jr. is behaving!!!

I got home yesterday to discover my pet had been left outside on his own, by accident, but very dangerous for him as he is not at all smart about streets and cars, and eating scraps the neighbors put out for cats, and he did not even have his collar and dog tags on... my youngin' and I had words about that I tell you!

That is probably the only reason I can see that a pet robot would be cool, you would never have to worry about it getting sick or hit by a car and dying!!! No shots, or medicine or vet bills for that matter!!! My youngin once had a pet Robot cat given to her...it scarred the holy livin' day lights right out of her, it was kind of neat and yet spooky at the same time, she grew to like it somewhat! Then we saw a real big robot at the hospital when a new baby grand was born, and she about freaked out with fear that robot was "Rosie" she was very friendly and spoke and said hello and went on about her way, but you'd of thought she was going to zap us with a ray gun the way my youngin' reacted, it was actually kind of sad to see a child that filled with fear. And no matter how I tried to explain it to her she was "having none of it" she just flat out hated poor ole' Rosie, and is not too fond of robots of any type even now at 8 yrs old.

Lord- I just finally started believing the hype that pastries- which contain grains... and chocolate, which is supposed to be loaded with anti-oxidants was GOOD for me!

CanMan's Breakfast Pizza sounded SO yummy... a loose variation of mama's loaded w/ traditionals, but now affected by CATHY (of the vitamin-police- Hee-Hee!)..... dang! (and don't forget the health benefits of Brook's thrown-in beverage-selection!)

I just want his original chocolate-drowned version! Can we please do that? I'll host- you all drop by and we'll talk about it- over breakfast pizza!

Last edited:
All of those foods (grains, pizza, chocolate) are VERY healthy for us, but I learned there is a food Union or something and when they come together in a large meeting, they gang up on the body and make changes to it. I hate unions so I make sure these days to keep them separated and not in big groups. I also try to be an equal-opportunity provider to my body, using all colors and ethnic origins. I am especially proud of my consumption of white, milk, and dark chocolates and occasionally the unsweetened.

Back