What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Locations one might wat to live!

I Figured rather than completely hi-jack our forum-sister's "I'm Back" thread (sorry sis) we could carry on our "ideas for locations to live" thread here....

And I was thinking one place very beautiful, and mountainous and hardly ever humid if at all would be Flagg Staff, AZ! The only factor (downside) may be the cost of living??? I need to look that up and will really appreciate any in-put on this from you guys as well.

I found it to be cool even in August as we traveled thru a couple of times!

For you Kevin I'll bet it would be wonderful, being single and all! For Eddie and I, I feel it would just be too far removed from our children and grandchildren here on the East Coast :( And that would be my only drawback from moving there on a personal note. If it were a dry Cold in the winter I could probably adapt to that rather easily! :)

I would like to park myself right next to the Dali Lama. I figure no matter where I am I would be safe. :D

:D That's why you survived the Earthquake so well, the Dahli Lama is right there in LA (from what I hear) and thank God for that!!

Because if he were in Tibet he would not be near as safe as in LA!!! At least in America he can have bodyguards and live in freedom:)

If dry cold is ok with you, Cathy, consider the Adirondaks. Used to be we'd court frostbite cuz at 35 below we'd be running around in poplin windbreaks. You just don't feel the cold.

If I could have my absolute druthers, I'd have two places. One in Big Timber, Montana, for the bulk of the year. Then, come late November, we'd move to our winter place in Arizona, returning to the Big Sky long about March.

Ah-h-h Montana God's country to say the least, thanks for the reminder Brook! My favorite is the Big Horn Mountains area of Montana, I have never been to Big Timber unless just passing through, but I just can't recall.

And what part of Arizona would you choose? It is a neat state and very diverse!

Tuscon would be nice---but who could afford it?

Probably Sedalia.

A good friend of mine moved to Tuscon a few years ago and lived there a year. She moved back to Mississippi because she said it was just too expensive to live there and raise her three boys.

I agree and I am thinking that many of the places I would like to live would be expensive, I just about think Arkansas near Quachita Mountains would be just right for me!!!

And this Avatar shows my dream farm!

Back