What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yucky ! Fish !

M

mrsjimmyp

I really dislike fish of any kind. I'm allergic to shellfish and don't eat any tpye of seafood.
So.... I was wondering....who else has a certain food they really dislike ?

Yucky Phewy Liver ugh phooey, nasty stuff!!

You know people rarely speak of the foods we despise and I am outspoken on the subject of LIVER!!! It is the only food I despise and for some reason since I was a child can not eat it!!! It gags me very badly!:mad: I have tried believe me, but for some reason I begin to vomit if I force myself. My Mom used to force us to eat it and I always wound up getting sick. May be that I'm allergic to it:confused:

Maybe MsJP you're allergic to fish:confused:

By the way what is your Avatar?

Cathy
Liver has never been a fav of mine either but I'd eat it before fish ! lol..
Oh...that Avatar is just a pair of cowboyboots and hat with Country over the top....I need to find another pic for my Avatar.

Love that beautiful Avatar!!! MsJP, have you ever experiemented with cooking dishes from foreign countries? I got a cookbook from the cookbook club and fell in love with Moroccan cooking, if you ever get ineterested just holler and we will discuss it.

Cath

Last edited:
Hmmm...sounds interesting Cathy.I have never eaten Moroccan food. Is it very spicy ?
Thanks ...on the Avatar. That is a fav of mine....I'm a red head too .

Mama ABSOLUTELY LOVES LIVER - but then again - Mama loves anchovies!

Fish is good - some kinds - others - NOPE!

Shellfish - I can take it or leave it - rather have liver and anchovies!

LOL

Hello again,

Some of my favorite folks have been red headed, one is my 1st cousin Patrick he is such a terrific guy! So I will feel right at home with you! Plus you're southern born & bred just like me!

Moroccan food is not spiced like anything I have ever had. It is not overly spiced with peppers, it is more a mix of cooking with spices such as cinnamon, cloves, cumin, corriander seed, anise seed, saffron fronds, dried fruits, and nuts, preserved lemons and bitter oranges, bunches of large leafy herbs, and olives plus the list goes on. The ingreients are unique in their combinations of preparing a certain dish. The end results are surprisingly flavorful and exotic tasting foods! I noticed that you love veggies and mentioned eggplant in aprticular in one post. I have a recipe for an eggplant and tomato salad that you may like. If you're interested let me know and I will post it for you.

My baby niece has beautiful red hair. I love it.

Im with Cathy...I hate liver. Im not a big fan of cranberrys either.
I love all kinds of fish and shell fish. I adore shrimp and perch is my fav fish.

Share away Cathy ! lol...the more the merrier. At the moment I have plenty of eggplant and tomatoes so new recipes would be great.

jglass...is that your neice in your avatar pic ? what a cutie !

Hey! How do I turn the HTML On ?

I absolutely LOVE liver, but yes it has to be good properly to enjoy. I used to search out restaurants (for meetings) that made a good liver & onions. In later years I finally started gooding it at home and then it joined that union thing and I had to limit my access to it.

As for the dislike of fish, apparently that dislike is mutual, at least for sharks. They take one bite of us humans and spit us out. They don't like out taste. Sorry seals. You're still the main course for them. For us, we take Omega-3 fish oil tablets.

Thanks..the other one was my sister's youngest Catie and the one on there now is the oldest Evelyn. She is sitting in my livingroom floor watching tv munching a big chocolate ice cream cone I gave her lol.

Yeah, that pretty well sums up aunts and grandmothers.

Spoil 'em rotten then hand 'em back!

You should see the buckets of goodies I give them on Halloween.
I love to get her a big cauldron and fill it full of her fav cookies/chips and lots of good Halloween candy. Last one was like 15 pounds. She had to have her Daddy carry it to the car. After she went trick or treating we had a picnic. She loves picnics lol. I made homemade bread and fixed her fav..ham and cheese. Made her cupcakes. Got her fav chips and took hot chocolate in a thermos. I took some apples and oranges and my FIL made her chocolate chip cookies. It was co cold and dark by the time she was done trick or treating we decided to go to my FIL's and picnic in his dining room. She still had a blast.
The little one is big enough this year to get her own bucket of candy. I cant wait lol.
I love their little faces when they see all that loot and its all for them.
I love to make good memories for them..and me lol.

Last edited:
Two foods I absolutely cannot stand, and I have tried every variation of them and I hate them:

Coleslaw (I used to have to make this at the restaurant and everyone loved my version but I still hated it).

Potato Salad

These two things force my appetite underground at their mere presence.

That's okay. It just leaves that much more coleslaw and potato salad for me to have with my liver and onions. Gawd I'm getting hungry!

Ya' got a point there CanMan!!! Other that liver though there is no other foods I know of that I hate. I just read about a fish called False Albacore that is supposed to be pretty nausty, I do not think I will try it but I'll bet nobody would like it from what I understand!

That's okay. It just leaves that much more coleslaw and potato salad for me to have with my liver and onions. Gawd I'm getting hungry!

Too much talk about liver and onions - now it's tomorrow's dinner with mashed potatoes, onion gravy, peas and carrots!

I just had to run out and buy liver! LOL

There are very few foods I do not like- though I am allergic to strawberries- LOVED them before I had a few serious reactions, though- and now I have to totally steer clear. At first I thought it was maybe the pesticides used that perhaps were not thoroughly washed from them, but then I experienced the itchy welts, swollen numb lips and brow- (also the palms of my hands and soles of my feet- WEIRD, huh?), and closing throat w/ jarred preserves! Today I still use and cook with them often for others, but I must use vinyl gloves.

Also have to use gloves when dealing my high volumes of salmon, monkfish and tomatoes. If I have to skin/fillet more than one salmon or monk without gloves my hands get all these itchy l'il blisters all over them (no other fish do this to me, tho!)... same with tomatoes- I can slice/chop a dozen of them but any more than that and I need the gloves to avoid the weird itchy welts and discomfort.

Have also had the exact same reactions as the strawberries when eating certain fish/seafoods too, though have never been able to source it to which ones exactly, 'cause the times I had reactions it was when I gorged on spreads that featured MANY varieites. Today I still eat all fish/seafoods and LOVE them all... have had 3-4 reactions but not for a few years, so maybe I'm in the clear now? (I take that back, I cannot eat raw oysters- YUCH! I wish I liked them- but nope. Not only nope- but HELL NOPE!)

Anyone who doesn't like fish, but who'd like to find a fish they CAN enjoy ought to try a sample of halibut. Especially beer-battered or tempura'd and deep-fried. To my tongue, halibut tastes more like MEAT than fish.

For years the only fish I ever ate were cornmeal/fried catfish and local mid-western game fish like smelt, bass, bluegill... but of course traveling to the west-coast and Alaska changed that forever... and today I am SO BEHOLDEN to the sea-gods for exposing me to their bountiful, yummy world!

(Red-Heads? My fav red-heads in the world are my brother in law Mark, Lucy, Reba and Carol Burnett!)

Last edited:
Back