What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Name This Recipe..

Jafo232

So we are throwing a dinner with some family this Sunday. I was relaxing on the couch getting annoyed at the Yankee game and decided to start thinking about h'orderves that I might whip up. Since the wife was working a night shift at the hospital, I was flying solo. So I popped open the fridge and began rummaging through to find something to make to put on crackers.

I pulled out some zucchini, kielbasa, a red onion, and some horseradish n bacon cheddar cheese.

In small batches, I finely diced equal parts zucchini, onion, and kielbasa. In a small skillet with just a little canola oil, I cooked the kielbasa for about 3-4 minutes until it turned dark, but not crunchy, sweated the onions for a minute or two, then added the zucchini and cooked for a couple minutes more adding a little oil if it got dry. Just at the end, I added a little lemon zest.

After letting it cool a couple minutes, I placed some of the mixture on some rather large crackers and then using a potato peeler, I topped them with a little of the spicy cheese. It was delicious.

I want to put this on my site and therefore in my recipe collection but am having a hard time coming up with a name for it. A humorous part of me wants to call it Polish salsa, but I dunno.

Any ideas would be great! :)

I'm thinking, Jafo.... I don't really too often name foods- I basically just call them what they are. There's gotta be a good one for this though... it sounds delicious!

Usually I have to name it if I want to write it down somewhere. I need to have a name so I can look it up again in the future. I tell ya, Polish Salsa is starting to settle in.. The only thing Polish about it is the meat, and the only thing salsa about it is the onion, so I dunno...

Hmmmm..."The only thing Salsa is the Onion ".....lol....not good with naming recipes either

Just plain ole' "Surprise Polish Salsa"!

I like it.. :)

P.S. to Cathy:

We had an interesting time today with the house.. All of a sudden I could smell septic. I go downstairs and the kids bathroom is oozing sewage.. I was like, when did this happen, they were like "we noticed it this morning".

So I freaked, and was like "And you DIDNT tell me?!?!?!"

Honestly, I was about 5 minutes from going to jail for infanticide...

Get a plumber, he snakes 75' of line pulling out baby wipes (ew) which should never be flushed down the toilet and still no relief.

Digging around, all of a sudden the ground begins to swell up with water: ding ding ding, we found the septic tank (not where it was in the survey we recently paid for mind you).

It was pouring out of the top of a 1000 gallon tank. We had a septic guy come pump it out and everything started working. There is still a problem somewhere because that water should have leeched out, so we are still digging (all of this on a Sunday) but at least we are good for now, unless my wife takes a 1000 gallon shower tonight..

So much for the party tonight as the house smells like a NYC sewer, and now we have a bunch of carpet to rip out and throw away. Thank god the floor is cement under it and not wood!

I am so annoyed right now, but at least we can flush the toilet.. sigh..

:( I feel so sorry for you, what a bummer, and people are so darn crazy that would dare flush such stuff! Yeah thank God you have a concrete floor down there. Did you have to use lots of bleach to cut the sewage odor and bacteria?

I hope it was not your housewarming party that got cancelled?:(

Once you get over the inital stuff hopefully it will smooth out. We had a flash flood here 2 weekends ago and I literally had water covering my entire backyard 1 food deep for around and hour & 1/2 and lost all my georgeous loaded tomato plants, I got to pull them up today and redo the whole garden. Moral of this story is...WE WILL NOT BE BUYING this house:( I love the place but not uunder these conditions! And our poor chickens in the chicken coup covered in water.

I hope you have no more surprises, and teach them youngin's that anything that doesn't seem normal to let you know PRONTO!!!

No, not the housewarming, just some close family.. Ahh well..

Shoveled out and tired, I'm off to relax..

How about Kielbasa or Sausage Spread? Isn't that basically what it is? Spread on crackers, bagels, breads.........................

???????????

Well, I always thought of a spread as butter/soft cheese type thing. These are just small pieces of stuff that sorta stick together.. I dunno, maybe your right..

Oh sorry to hear about the water troubles Jafo...nerve wracking for sure.
How many kids do you have ?

Cathy thats terrible about your Tomatoes...we have been getting heavy thunderstorms for the last week but no flooding anywhere thank goodness. The Storm that came through last night knocked our power out and the yard is full of big tree limbs and blew a tree down across the road in front of our house.

Hi Jeff,
Of course the first thing you expect from me is to add jalapenos, LOL.
How about ( Zoobasa Queso Spread. or Zoobasa Cheddar Spread.):D

I am usually not the one thinking inside the box.

Thanks
The Pepperman

Last edited:
Back