What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for "Clam Wallop" recipe

• Thread starter CT Creative Cook
  • Start date
C

CT Creative Cook

Hi everyone. I'm new in here, but very excited to share recipes and learn tips. I am looking for a recipe my grandfather used to make, Clam Wallop. Has anyone ever heard of it?

Hi, CT.

Welcome to our little family.

Wish I could help with the clam wallop thing. But I've never heard of it before. I wonder if it's a regional thing.

Where would your uncle have been from?

Also, if you describe the dish a little, maybe one of us knows it by another name?

Thanks for the warm welcome. Grandfather was born and raised here in Connecticut

I really dig the name- I even dig clams (pun intended!) but I ain't never heard of "clam wallop".

Best easy clam-dip I ever had though was just 4 things: a tin of smoked clams, a can of Campbell's New England Clam Chowder, a carton of French onion chip-dip and a squeeze of lemon. YUM!

Okay-I've made a couple of inquires in the family. Some think it may have graham cracker crumbs in it??? Chubbyalaskagriz, do the 4 ingredients get warmed or just mixed and served cold?

RE: 'Chubbyalaskagriz, do the 4 ingredients get warmed or just mixed and served cold?'

Just cold, CT... I like serving w/ sturdy chips or crackers- one can also add well drained frozen spinach.

Back