What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Details about a the griddle I designed for cooking peppers

P

pepperman

Details about the griddle I designed for cooking peppers

Hello again,
Please let me re-introduce myself again. I recently designed a griddle just for cooking fresh jalapeno peppers. I'm not in the cookware business but do have a passion for cooking. I'm actually a construction worker. I've cooked peppers for years but wanted a better griddle that would hold the pepper in a way that it could be filled liberally with stuffing’s of Beef, Pork, Chicken, Cheeses, etc.; then brown or blister evenly. After weeks of looking to purchase such a griddle, I was unable to locate one, I then designed my own. I recently received the patent for its design .
I’ve been demonstrating this at different events and functions. It’s really a great way of cooking peppers. Unlike the deep fried version, once the peppers have browned it takes a unique turn; whereas the pepper is sweet with very little heat. Depending on your filling you can add salsa, sour cream, or cheese as an additional topping then serve with tortilla chips.
Being in the construction field and from a small town I’m going to need help getting this nifty griddle some exposure?
Please visit the web-site at spgproducts.com for information and recipes using the griddle. I’m sure you will agree this is very interesting griddle design. Not to mention what great appetizers can be make with it.

Please fill free to contact me with any questions or comments about this great new idea in jalapeno Peppers.

Kenny Orr

Last edited:
The forum will not allow me post any images until I have more credits. I'll try again

Jeff, there's a pretty good shot of it on his website.

The site is slow to load (least it was for me), put the pix are sharp and clear.

It's at: spgproducts.com

I'm still working on the points, as soon as I get enough I'll share some of my favorite recipes and pictures
The pepperman

Makes you have to type up more recipes for us:)

Hey where is your part of Georgia, I'm up here about 60 miles North of Atlanta in Rome! I am going to go have a look at your skillet, by the way is it cast iron?

P.S. I went to your site I like it and want to get one for my B'day, if I can wait that long! May I suggest marketing it at Feed Stores (ours in Rome is Lavender Mountain Feed Store on Hwy 27) or try Kitchen Gadget Specialty Stores, or Gift Shops, etc. Is Lodge going to help you market it at all or are you having to do all the leg work?

Last edited:
We're still working on the marketing, Not sure if Lodge will help us, Not sure exactly what we'll do. We really enjoy traveling to different events, cooking ,demonstrating and talking to different folks. We set up in Steinhatchee Fla a couple weeks back for the opening of scallop season. Really lots of fun. The best part it is the people that say (We don't eat peppers) and when you convince them to try one. The reaction is usually the same. They are fascinated with just how good of food it is. They usually buy a griddle. They also hang around for more samples.
Our true goal is to see these served as a appetizer in local restaurants. A healthy choice.
I've just posted a news paper article in the cookware forum. It's got some history about the griddle

How neat! I know it'll launch for you, and hey maybe you'll make it up this way sometime, and then I can eat you out of "samples" hee-hee!!!

They sound so delicious and if the restaurants serve them then nature will take it's course and home cooks will want them to make at home and well that's when your sales will blow up!

Back