What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IF you..

jglass

Make a batch of hot pepper jelly then make a batch of pickled beets..finish it off with a batch of apple pie jam and one tiny apartment smells very strange :eek:
When I came back in from taking out the garbage the smell of peppers. vinegar, cloves, beets, apples, cinnamon and nutmeg hit me all at once :eek: P.U.!
The one time this summer I was actually without a stuffy nose lol.

Better I'm sure than when I'm dehydrating chopped onions and also garlic. Even the bugs evacuate the premises. :rolleyes:

I was dehydrating tomatoes and basil while doing all the other.

I dried garlic and onions once when I bought tons at SAMS. I liked the smell..just not with everything else I had going. lol

those scents really open those Sinuses don't they !
You've been busy little bees.

lol They sure do.
I made another 8 half pints of apple pie jam tonight plus a batch of bruschetta from my Ball Caning Book. Two of the half pints of bruschetta didnt seal for me for some reason. Im stuck them in the fridge. Ill just eat them first. I need to try it anyway to see if I wanna make more of that one or not. I printed off some cute little labels for the jars on my computer. They have Winnie The Pooh on them. I made three quarts of pickled beets tonight. That about takes care of the beets in the garden.
Wanna make some salsa and may make some more bruschetta. Probably make more of the jam.
I went out today and when I came back in it still smelled like that hot pepper jelly I made the other night lol.

Back