What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

cheesy peppers

P

pepperman

:DThere's hundreds of recipes using fresh peppers
Always select fresh Jalapeno Peppers without blemishes, bright in color, smooth skin, large in size. Remember always to use some type of glove to protect your hands while cleaning peppers. Prepare peppers by removing stems, washing in cool water, placing in colander to allow drying. Cut in half, length wise. Use a small apple corer, a knife or a spoon works well, to remove all seeds and veins, creating bowls with the peppers. Store cleaned peppers in an air tight container in the refrigerator. Select the type of cheese to use for your filling. Cut in pieces sized to fill pepper halves and store refrigerated in air tight container.
Sizzling Cheese Peppers
Ingredients:
8 or 10 Jalapeno Peppers
6 to 8 oz. White American cheese (Optional, Cheddar, Monterey Jack,
Cream and Pepper Cheeses, etc.)
Salt to taste
Cooking Oil (Olive, Peanut, Vegetable, etc.) Spray works well
Tortilla chips (Tostitos Brand White Corn Restaurant Style work well
Salsa and Sour Cream (Optional)

Preheat your Sizzling Pepper Griddle on the stove (Electric, Gas, or Barbecue grill) to Medium high. Oil the griddle using your choice of oil. Salt peppers, place cheese inside peppers and put into preheated griddle for approximately 5 to 7 minutes until peppers have browned and cheese has melted.
Serve peppers upside-down on plate of tortilla chips. Allow some cooling time before eating. Top with Salsa and sour Cream for added taste. Don’t forget to refill your griddle with additional peppers. One serving is never enough. To spice’em up, use Pepper Jack or Mexican melting cheese with Jalapenos.
Recipe developed by
The Pepperman
Kenny Orr

Thanks Chatty,
This is a favorite appetizer at some of our local eating establishments, They serve them in the griddle along with chips and salsa on the side.
The Pepperman

Last edited:
You know "PepperMan" that skillet could be used for more that peppers. Why not those corn fritters? I gotta go but I am brainstorming, and will let you know more!

I also use this griddle when stuffing shrimp, It makes a great cradle for stuffing crab inside butterflied shrimp. Turn all the tails towards the center before broiling, Makes a great presentation and keeps them warm as well.

The Pepperman

Gota give it a shoot

Hey Guy's

Gota try this recipe. Picture included

The pepperman

SIZZLING CRAB STUFFED PEPPERS

UNCLE GARY’S GIANT STONE CRAB CLAW STYLE
JALAPENO’S WITH BLACK FOREST TOAST
Gary operates a large scale crabbing business in Steinhatchee Florida. He’s a super guy; stop in a visit the next time your traveling in this area. Oh yea ! Thanks Gary for supplying this great crab claws.
INGREDIENTS:
• 1/4 pound butter
• 1/2 clove garlic, minced
• 1 tablespoon finely minced green onion
• 1 pound fresh stone claw crab meat
• 1 tablespoon chopped chives
• 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
• juice of 1/2 lemon or 1 small lime
• 12 whole wheat black forest bread toast points
• 8 large jalapeno peppers halved and seeds removed
PREPARATION:
Melt butter in a large skillet and add garlic and green onions. Cook, stirring about 3 minutes, but do not brown. Add crab meat and toss gently and thoroughly until heated through. Sprinkle with chives, parsley and lemon juice or lime juice.

Preheat your Sizzling Pepper Griddle on the stove (Electric, Gas, or Barbecue grill) to Medium. Oil the griddle using your choice of oil. Salt peppers, place Crab inside peppers halves and put into preheated griddle for approximately 5 to 7 minutes until peppers have browned. Place peppers on plate of tortilla chips and top with grated cheese. Allow some cooling time before eating.
Squeeze fresh lemon or lime juice over stuffed peppers for added taste. Don’t forget to refill your griddle with additional peppers. One serving is never enough.

Serve remaining crab with thinly sliced and toasted black forest bread points.

Does Gary sell mail order or via the internet? If so, you need to provide the contact info. If not, shame on you for teasing us.

Anyone who has not tasted stone crab won't understand. Those who have, however, and who don't live in Florida, will not forgive pepperman for posting a recipe like that unless he provides a source for the crabmeat.

WOW!

Not sure about the mail order, but now I do feel really bad. You are correct about the stone-ees, they are in a class of their own. We're traveling to Steinhatchee Fl. this weekend and I'll make a point to ask Gary about the mail order. The fact is fresh Stone-ees are only available during the Fall and Winter months.

Oh yea, you can substitute this recipe with, Blue crab. Do remember to press any excess moisture from the meat. Using a colander

The lower half of
The Pepperman

Made the Cheesy Peppers tonight and they were wonderful! I served mine on roasted flour tortilla points as my fiance' can't eat corn products, and I served them with avacado wedges! They were terrific and a great appetizer, they are such a colorful and attractive appetizer. I placed mine cheese side up on the tortilla points and placed the avacado wedges between each pepper on tortilla. I used a specialty cheese we buy that has pimentos and herbs in it. Thank you for this idea pepperman!

It's always good news when someone new is trying these recipes, As for your recipe choice. What I like to see is folks trying new food, especially jalapenos, They are a healthy choice. The point is, your recipe and my idea for cooking fresh peppers. Attached is the real reason for cooking peppers.

What Leftovers

One of our favorite recipes for jalapeno peppers is the easiest of them all. Simply use your last night’s leftovers from dinner or that carry out box from the restaurant; that barbeque pork, beef or chicken; the taco beef or chicken; remember that sloppy Joe meat; what about the spaghetti sauce? Are you getting the idea? That roast or steak; Mom’s favorite meatloaf, chopped tomatoes and onions.
Simply shred, chop or dice the filler, salt your peppers and fill; then place in the pepper griddle for a few minutes for an exciting meal.
Follow the directions on our basic recipes and enjoy. Use your imagination; this is only the beginning of an exciting new recipe.

Thanks,
The Pepperman

Hi KY Heirloomer,
Made the trip to Steinhatchee this weekend, Sorry but Gary doesn't sell crab on the Net, We did have a great time. Saturday we collected about seven Gal. of live Bay scallops,that evening we got together with the neighbors for a block throw down, A little wine and a lots of food, Burgers (grilled), Soft shell turtle (deep fried in seasoned rice flour), and I brought sliced red potatoes with caramelized vidalia onions and smoked Lee brand sausages prepared in a giant cast iron skillet on the grill. Served with a variety of sides
The Pepperman

Last edited:
Hey Pepperman do me a favor?!? Next time you have a throw down like I want to come and bring fiance & 8 yr. old it would only be 3 more mouths to feed!!!:eek: I'll bring some wine and whatever else:D That sounded wonderful! I looked up Steinhatchee on the map, I am wondering if the Bay Scallops are only available there? I know I used to find lots of scallop shells in Gulf Shores on the beach there. Maybe you might know?

That's a sure thing, We'd be happy to have you guy's join us. It seems we're always grilling, frying, roasting or boiling something. The more the merrier. Lots of good friends having fun. I did change the through to throw down in my earlier comment. Whata goof!
The scallops are found from Ceder Keys all the way to Gulf Shores. They are more abundant in the Big Bend area of Fl. I think this has been the best season we've had in several years. Lots of Scallops. Of course that means lots of boats as well. The Bay Scallop is a wonderful food. It's illegal to harvest them commercially and can only be taken recreationally from July to September.

The
Pepperman

Kathy,
If you do decide to visit the Steinhatchee area, Send a brief message with the dates to my web site Sizzling Pepper Griddle . If Vaviel and I are in town that weekend we'd be happy to show you guys around.

The pepperman

Back