What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My AC died!

jglass

About an hour ago it starts blowing hot air.
Its not froze up. I have no idea what wrong with it.
One thing I know its hot as heck in here.
I have my fingers crossed my landlord comes in tomorrow.

Oh no, janie! Dang! Do your best to stay cool as ya are able... Maybe a good excuse to have a pint of Ben & Jerries at hand throughout the whole ordeal!

ooohh ! Not a good thing to happen in this heat ... I hope by now you are cooler...we have been under heat advisory's here.

Got the landlord this morning and he said he was gonna call the repair guy and impress upon them they get here today if at all possible. It was 86 in here all night and its supposed to be in the mid 90's today with high humidity.

Keep your fingers crossed for me they get here today and early. Im cooked and so is my little dog.

He likes his house about 85 degrees in the inside lol.
I have to stick around here cause I dont want a repair guy in and out of our apartment when Im not home. I dont think Pooh would bite anyone but you never can tell about those little dogs.

They said they got ahold of the repair guy but he had another job out of town scheduled already. If he gets done in time today he will check it..if not should be tomorrow.
Landlord said the guy already told them he was gonna have to bring the stuff to get on the roof. All the AC's for these apartments are on the roof of the building.

Well no repairman today.
Its after 10 pm and its still 86 in here.
Good God I hope he comes to look at it tomorrow.

I sure hope he does come ....geeesh I'd be having a fit ! Glad we own our house and no mortgage.

They just left..its fixed.
I had called and left a pitiful message on their machine asking when and if they were coming today because if I wasnt on schedule it was so hot in here I was going somewhere else til tonight. I told Jon I bet they checked the messages when they came in for lunch and sure enough a little before noon they called me back and said they were on the way. Im sure you could hear the wilt in my voice because at that time it was almost 90 in here again. He said a relay on the unit on the roof that turns the compressor on had gone out.
For some reason this apartment holds heat like crazy. It can be 70 outside and without the AC on it will be 85-87 or better in here. We use the AC all winter long. It was like 71 yesterday late and with all the windows up and fans going I only got it down to 84. Neither of us has slept good in two days. Put the windows up and with all the road noise you cant hear the tv and boy oh boy does Jon get grouchy then.

And your right I do look like a deep fried pork rind lol. Its down to 84 and dropping. I gave the guy a jar of apple pie jam to thank him.

It's amazing what a withered, raspy voice will do for speedy service, janie! If I'd been the one left them the voice mail, I'da used my best ravaged victim-voice and been like: "If ya'll can't come today (wheeeeze!) just please let l'il ole witherin' me know, (wheeeeeeeze!) and in that case I'll then just (wheeeeeze!) call the funeral parlor!"

Last edited:
If I can get all of the flies and other things killed out that flew in here while the doors were open Ill be doing great. I cannot stand flies in the house!

While my AC was out I was up to watch alot of late night TV and I noticed something. Late at night there is alot of televised preaching on.
It struck me as odd when someone who is wearing a tailored suit and rolex that costs enough money for me to live off of for years ..preaches for people like me to send my money to support their particular organizations. :rolleyes:
One woman was preaching about the sin of vanity while she is wearing some gosh awful pink tinted blonde wig and has 3in long manicured nails lol.

My second gripe...Do any of you have anyone in your life who pretends to be sick for attention? Jon and I have..err maybe I should say had a friend a couple years ago who started telling everyone he has some sort of fatal disease that was gonna kill him in a year. He was complaining on his myspace that no one believed him and that it showed him who his real friends were.
I go why dont they believe you and he says well they all want to know the name of the disease and I go well tell them. He answers he cant think of the name or pronouce it right off hand but his wife did. I never did get a name lol. Well we stopped talking not long after that. I have a real bad spot for people pretending to be sick. I have seen to many real people die of cancer in my life. Dont pretend you have crap to get attention..there is to good a chance you could end up with something anyway. Dont tempt fate. What got me so bad was this guys own Dad died a long slow death from cancer himself. The whole Im gonna die thing wasnt the only thing that made me mad at him. He had always had a bit of a crush on me but had always kept it to teasing. Well one night via a chat program he starts doing some heavy flirting. I emailed him back and forth and he eventually asks me for nude pics. WHAT he didnt realize was I was reading Jon every email he sent and Jon was telling me what to type back to him lol. Jon has me drop the hammer on him and tell him what was up ..that he was the one awswering him lol. Havent talked to him since and that was about two years ago. Right around the same time he had a year to live lol. Let me add that this guy has nothing to be depressed over. He married into a very wealthy family. He has fraternal twins..one boy and one girl who will be three in Oct. His wife's family owns the biggest car dealership in town and his inlaws bought them a brand new house when they found out the twins were coming. The house is in a very affluent area of town. Its a big three bedroom home with two baths. Has a huge finished basement, fireplace, back deck, two car garage on about 4 acres. Their insurance, cars and even their gas all comes from the car lot. He has alot to be thankful for if you ask me.

What brought this all back up was last night we had the doors open and I saw this same friend park his truck in the parking lot here and run across the parking lot. Seems a friend of his recently moved in here. When he left I was standing at the kitchen sink washing dishes. He looked right at me and never acknowledged. Jon was kinda suprised he never came by our door to say hi. We had it propped open because of the heat. I told Jon I kinda felt bad if I had made him mad at Jon because of the way I felt about his impending death within a year over two years ago. Those two had been pretty close at one time. I loved the guy..just didnt wanna LOVE the guy if you get my meaning. Besides it made me angry when he tried that last thing he did online ...what kind of guy tries to get with his blind friends wife. Thats no friend.

Well those were the two main things rambling about my head last night lol.
Frightening huh...

Last edited:
Back